Size of bow windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size of bow windows?

For those that have built box blinds, what size do you make the bow windows?
    I have a friend welding up a 5x5x6'tall box and I will plywood it, but I want to put in the windows to bow hunt. any recommendations? Pictures even better.

Thanks,

I built bow blinds for my kids to hunt out of. The windows are 10" x 28". I would make them narrower for an adult if you can. But they seem to be fine the way they are. Lets see if I can get A picture to post! Well I cant seem to get my pictures to downsize. Ill keep trying.

Comment

rberg I sent you an email with the picture. Hope it helps.

Comment

I made my windows 12x18. I will try to take a fews pics of my bow blind tomorrow after church.
        Last edited by Bone Thug; 04-29-2007, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the help, I'll check the pictures.

Comment

My bow blind is 5x5 and I have two windows that are 12x18.

Comment

I like the shooting windows pretty narrow - especially if I'm not using shoot-thru netting. I make them the same size as the ones in a Double Bull T5 which is 7" wide by 15" tall

Comment

18"x22" front
                12"x18" sides

Comment

my bow stand is 4 ' wide X 8' long and the walls are 8' tall. I have 2 veriticle windows on the 4' wide end that faces north {toward my feeder}. The windows are about 6" wide X 24" tall with a space of approximately 10" between windows. My goal was to shoot from 1 window and film from the other. I have also cut 2 peep holes in the sides to allow me to see east and west to see deer approach. The windows allow me to shoot almost 180 degrees and completely hide my movement. I can come to full draw before the deer arrives {as I have done} or i can wait until the deer is close to draw my bow undeteted {as i have also done}. I really love this set up as it allowed me to shoot from a standing position. I also have a tripod that I use at another feeder as I have a new short axle bow that i can shoot while sitting down. Woody

Comment

those are some sweet rigs i need to make a few of those for the new ranch i want it to be elevated but how high would you guys go up?

Comment

Pic of bowstand

Dont know if this link will work, I used to have a pic of my bow stand on my camera, but someone erased it. If this works, you will see a 4'X8' platform with 8 ft waals that is built upon bulk racking from my warehouse. it is 16 ft tall and has 2 verticle windows for shooting to my feeder. i have 2 peep holes to see deer coming from either side. I love this stand. Woody

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

Here are the blinds I built for my kids to hunt out of. The windows are 24" tall by 8" wide. They work very well for kid's. Plenty of room for them to move around without being seen.

Comment

I tried to post some from the outside but was told I had gone over my limit. Maybe some other time!

Comment

Working...
                          X