Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2018, 07:57 PM   #51
Worksalot
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
You should hang around better people.
I had the same reply. Wanted to advice him about that.
Worksalot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 07:33 AM   #52
bigdawg
Four Point
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Friendswood, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post


I do what I can to keep people from taking themselves too seriously!

I'm still trying to get a patent on some inflatable chaps to protect those that fall off of their high horses on a regular basis.
That's some funny stuff right there!
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 08:18 AM   #53
35remington
Pope & Young
 
35remington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Wilco
Hunt In: the dark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
They don’t teach this in in law school. That’s gold.

“My client is a decorated Marine combat veteran,” Bouffard said. “He and I took the same oath years ago. Part of that oath is that we will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America from all enemies, foreign and domestic. And I ask you and I ask the public to ask yourselves, what better definition of a domestic enemy of our Constitution than Abel Reyna?”
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #54
Texas Tracker
Pope & Young
 
Texas Tracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wimberley Texas/Hunt every place I can!
Default

I knew from the start that there was a rat in the court house.http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ght=Waco+biker http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ght=Waco+biker
Texas Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 08:55 AM   #55
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tracker View Post
Yes! Click on those links and read some of the comments back then. Where are all of the people claiming that it was ok to arrest everyone that day? They seem to be absent now. How funny!
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 09:17 AM   #56
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young
 
Geezy Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Weatherford, Tx.
Hunt In: Wise Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas tracker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman View Post
yes! Click on those links and read some of the comments back then. Where are all of the people claiming that it was ok to arrest everyone that day? They seem to be absent now. How funny!
👍👍
Geezy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 09:35 AM   #57
Puggy625
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: TX, KS
Default

I was one that said back then that the bikers would own Waco after this was done. There were several members here, one in particular, that furiously defended the DA's actions that completely disregarded the constitution. And now they are no where to be found. Very telling.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Puggy625 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 10:32 AM   #58
batmaninja
Eight Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
They should just drop all the charges against everyone involved and let the gangs sort it out on the street. It's not like they will testify against each other.

The attorneys charged that Reyna only decided to drop the charges and to recuse his office in McRee’s case to escape being placed under oath at the disqualification hearing and to prevent the adverse testimonies of former and current members of his staff, some of whom have reported alleged abuses of his office to Texas Rangers and the FBI.

Ehhh, looks like one of the bigger gangs involved is looking to snitch on their own.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 10:53 AM   #59
Rwc
Ten Point
 
Rwc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crawford, Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
The attorneys charged that Reyna only decided to drop the charges and to recuse his office in McRee’s case to escape being placed under oath at the disqualification hearing and to prevent the adverse testimonies of former and current members of his staff, some of whom have reported alleged abuses of his office to Texas Rangers and the FBI.

Ehhh, looks like one of the bigger gangs involved is looking to snitch on their own.
News articles are making it seem that the D.A.s office might have a little too hide and tension building in the ranks of the D.A.'s office...........................

Rwc
Rwc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 11:02 AM   #60
Dave
Moderator
 
Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: College Station, Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwc View Post
News articles are making it seem that the D.A.s office might have a little too hide and tension building in the ranks of the D.A.'s office...........................

Rwc
When the senior prosecutor quit at the beginning of this process I suspected something was rotten.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 11:04 AM   #61
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
When the senior prosecutor quit at the beginning of this process I suspected something was rotten.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I knew something was rotten the day of the shooting.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #62
Puggy625
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: TX, KS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I knew something was rotten the day of the shooting.
Yep. Anybody without their blinders on could see that.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Puggy625 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 12:59 PM   #63
WCB
Pope & Young
 
WCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Wise/Montague/Grayson
Default

Who shot first? Bikers or LEO? Or does anyone know??
WCB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 01:02 PM   #64
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCB View Post
Who shot first? Bikers or LEO? Or does anyone know??
bikers: cops did
cops: bikers did
waitresses: am I on TV?
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 01:04 PM   #65
Worksalot
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCB View Post
Who shot first? Bikers or LEO? Or does anyone know??
And how can it be proven without a doubt now? I dunno.
Worksalot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #66
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

I dont have an issue with the arrests, and still dont.

When a hundred people are involved and murders take place, the situation should be taken into consideration.

I dont agree with holding people without evidence, but when there is evidence to comb through, it takes time.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 01:11 PM   #67
hkmp5s
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
bikers: cops did
cops: bikers did
waitresses: am I on TV?
I love it.
hkmp5s is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 01:24 PM   #68
Roy Munson
Six Point
 
Roy Munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Default

The fact that he indicted 150 people and is now just dismissing these cases is really troubling. He either didn't look into the culpability of some of the people he indicted or he did and decided to indict them anyway. Its either maliciousness or incompetence.

Makes me wonder what the grand jurors were told.
Roy Munson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 01:31 PM   #69
Puggy625
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: TX, KS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
I dont have an issue with the arrests, and still dont.

When a hundred people are involved and murders take place, the situation should be taken into consideration.

I dont agree with holding people without evidence, but when there is evidence to comb through, it takes time.
I said from the beginning, if someone did something wrong, they should be arrested and charged and tried. What the whole need with the situation is that a LOT of people were arrested, charged and indicted with no proof or indication of any wrongdoing. You ok with THAT? If so, please explain because it goes strictly against ANYONE'S constitutional rights.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Puggy625 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 05:27 PM   #70
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

I still stand by the fact that anyone there knew it was a dangerous situation. Cops were visible on roof tops. They had discussions with many of the top players. I tend to think most of those there knew the situation. The DAs office obviously made some mistakes but the events that unfolded that day were not unseen to any. I will say this- if there is a high LE presence it’s not a good time to pull out your concealed weapon. I have taught this to rookies for years. Lots of off duty cops have been shot by on duty uniformed officers.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #71
FamousAmos
Eight Point
 
FamousAmos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Burleson
Hunt In: Mason and Menard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
The title should read: "Waco Biker Ambush".
Or maybe, "Cleaning up Organized Crime Network"
FamousAmos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 06:38 PM   #72
HdFilmmaker
Eight Point
 
HdFilmmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tarrant County, TX
Hunt In: Guided Elk hunts in Colo to hogs in Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
I was in the hang them all group when this went down and a few guys here on TBH made me change my mind.

But the fact still remains none of this would have happened if these two gangs used some common sense and not gather everyone up at the same place. What did they think was going to happen?

It's my guess no one will ever know what really went down except for the few that started the fight in the parking lot.

They should just drop all the charges against everyone involved and let the gangs sort it out on the street. It's not like they will testify against each other.

You're uninformed as usual. This was a peaceful State wide coalition of clubs. A time to come together and discuss laws, and things that affect bikers in Texas prior to the National CoC. There had been a bike night the thursday before that had more bikers there with out an incident. This was started by undercover cops inside by the men's room. It would not have been an issue if someone didn't try to make it into what it became. Someone go interview David Koresh oops nevermind.
HdFilmmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2018, 01:12 AM   #73
Heron
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Default

Slightly different perspective but still relevant. Reyna was the DA when Sam Ukwuachu, a former Baylor football player, was convicted of sexual assault. I don't know if Reyna was the actual trial attorney (or participated in the trial, for that matter), but someone in his office convinced the judge to only admit texts from the alleged victim after the alleged sexual assault and did not allow the admission of texts prior to the incident in which she acknowledged previous intimate contact in spite of claiming sexual assault and losing her virginity on the occasion in question. The conviction was overturned on appeal due to reversible error by the court (not prosecutorial misconduct), and rightfully so since the court never should have been duped in such a way. BUT, prosecutors, as well as defense attorneys, are "officers of the court", and, as such, owe a duty of truthfulness and full disclosure. Reyna, or his deputies, should have not been allowed to introduce only part of the texts into evidence.
Heron is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2018, 08:46 AM   #74
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Baylor, Waco, some of the law enforcement, some of DA's office and some of the bikers should all burn to the ground. That is a dirty corrupt part of Texas right now.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #75
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamousAmos View Post
Or maybe, "Cleaning up Organized Crime Network"
That would be the DA's office, as is starting to be shown.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 02:14 AM   #76
Heron
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
Baylor, Waco, some of the law enforcement, some of DA's office and some of the bikers should all burn to the ground. That is a dirty corrupt part of Texas right now.
You really shouldn't believe everything you see on ESPN or read in Texas Monthly. Those are 2 LIBERAL media outlets. Baylor got "caught" not enforcing the OBAMA administration's "Dear Colleague" letter which tramples all over the U.S. Constitution and Due Process - no right to legal counsel, no right to a jury of one's peers, no right to cross examine adverse witnesses, no presumption of innocence, etc.

Basically, when you have no clue what you're talking about and are relying on reports from left wing media outlets, you really shouldn't post. It simply exposes your ignorance.
Heron is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #77
smokeless
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rockdale
Hunt In: Llano
Default

How would y’all have handled this incident??? Numerous dead, people everywhere. Let them all go ?? Hold them all ??
smokeless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 08:55 AM   #78
Puggy625
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: TX, KS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeless View Post
How would y’all have handled this incident??? Numerous dead, people everywhere. Let them all go ?? Hold them all ??
Holding and detaining them until the facts are sorted out would and should be expected. But, once the details are sorted out, the ones that weren't directly involved should have been let go and not charged. There probably would have only been a handful of people directly involved. Not the 175 (can't remember the exact number) charged as they were.

And just so you know, almost all of the dead were killed by the police. Confirmed by autopsy results.
Puggy625 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #79
Thumper
Pope & Young
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
I dont have an issue with the arrests, and still dont.

When a hundred people are involved and murders take place, the situation should be taken into consideration.

I dont agree with holding people without evidence, but when there is evidence to comb through, it takes time.
This^^^^^, under the RICO Act.

What kind of meeting was Waco, one to determine how much shake down money each club had to pay the Banditos that year to ride in TX? Where has this annual meeting been held since the last one in Waco? What's happened to all the biker fights and killings, news media stopped reporting them.
Thumper is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 11:43 AM   #80
M16
Pope & Young
 
M16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties
Default

I'm trying to figure out one piece of the puzzle. How did the police snipers determine who to shoot? They evidently did a lot of shooting. In this situation do they shoot everybody who produces a weapon? What if it's a legally licensed concealed carry weapon?
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 01:38 PM   #81
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron View Post
You really shouldn't believe everything you see on ESPN or read in Texas Monthly. Those are 2 LIBERAL media outlets. Baylor got "caught" not enforcing the OBAMA administration's "Dear Colleague" letter which tramples all over the U.S. Constitution and Due Process - no right to legal counsel, no right to a jury of one's peers, no right to cross examine adverse witnesses, no presumption of innocence, etc.

Basically, when you have no clue what you're talking about and are relying on reports from left wing media outlets, you really shouldn't post. It simply exposes your ignorance.
You are the one with your head in the sand. Are you really that ignorant? Do you really think 50 plus girls all made up sexual assault stories just about the football team? I don't watch ESPN and heaven't read the Texas Monthly article. So what media outlet should I take my news from. Why don't you just link the article that will inform me. If you don't think Baylor was in the wrong and the town of Waco supported and aided what went on there you are crazy. I have a person that is closely involved on the happenings at Baylor and the worst is yet to come. The school has some huge hurdles that stand in front of them if they ever go to court on one of the cases. That school is going to have trouble paying off all these lawsuits to keep out of court.

With all that said I have yet seen one person from Baylor stand up and take the side of one of the girls assaulted. You are no different. If you think that nothing happened that is your choice but you are wrong in thinking that.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 01:51 PM   #82
shunter14
Ten Point
 
shunter14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Antonio, Tx
Hunt In: Mexico and McMullen county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
This^^^^^, under the RICO Act.

What kind of meeting was Waco, one to determine how much shake down money each club had to pay the Banditos that year to ride in TX? Where has this annual meeting been held since the last one in Waco? What's happened to all the biker fights and killings, news media stopped reporting them.
Lmao, you’re highly mis informed. No clubs pay the Bandidos to be able to ride in Texas lmao, if someone is feeding you that bs it’s a bold faced lie. You should stop believing everything you hear. And the media hasn’t stopped reporting anything, there was a shooting in El Paso not long ago involving the Bandidos and another want to be 1%er group. Was all over San Antonio news?

Last edited by shunter14; 02-11-2018 at 01:53 PM..
shunter14 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 02:10 PM   #83
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puggy625 View Post
And just so you know, almost all of the dead were killed by the police. Confirmed by autopsy results.
Source for that info? Everything I read said that out of 9 dead, 2 had wounds only from the caliber LEO were using. Two other bodies contained wounds from multiple calibers. Of course some will not believe any “official” version of events.
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #84
Notaguide
Four Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waco
Hunt In: McLennan Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeless View Post
How would y’all have handled this incident??? Numerous dead, people everywhere. Let them all go ?? Hold them all ??
Killed by a 5.56. This would have a been a bleep on the radar if in a major metro area with a 30sec of coverage that night on the news. Not in Waco. Live here, know the players, nothing changes.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-pe...be87bc5d2.html

Last edited by Notaguide; 02-11-2018 at 02:13 PM..
Notaguide is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 04:36 PM   #85
Heron
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
You are the one with your head in the sand. Are you really that ignorant? Do you really think 50 plus girls all made up sexual assault stories just about the football team? I don't watch ESPN and heaven't read the Texas Monthly article. So what media outlet should I take my news from. Why don't you just link the article that will inform me. If you don't think Baylor was in the wrong and the town of Waco supported and aided what went on there you are crazy. I have a person that is closely involved on the happenings at Baylor and the worst is yet to come. The school has some huge hurdles that stand in front of them if they ever go to court on one of the cases. That school is going to have trouble paying off all these lawsuits to keep out of court.

With all that said I have yet seen one person from Baylor stand up and take the side of one of the girls assaulted. You are no different. If you think that nothing happened that is your choice but you are wrong in thinking that.
I know people who are far more connected at Baylor than you will ever know. I know Regents, the group who made the decision to fire Briles. Nothing worse is coming out (it already would have by this time) so quit repeating your baseless nonsense of which you have no personal or even reliable knowledge.

Now let me get this straight. YOU believe unproven allegations in court pleadings filed by Plaintiff's attorneys. Yeah, that's real bright. By the way, what do these pleadings allege? Baylor didn't take the alleged victims' sides when the victims were allegedly assaulted by other students at off campus locations?

Under the US Constitution (I guess you haven't heard of it but it's really important), neither Baylor nor any other Private or Public University across the nation are granted the prosecutorial powers that the Obama Administration has required the schools to employ. Clearly, you haven't thought about the far reaching consequences this can have and already has had against male students at schools across the country. IT'S REALLY VERY SIMPLE. SEXUAL ASSAULT IS (STILL, IN SPITE OF WHAT OBAMA SAYS) A POLICE MATTER. LET THE POLICE HANDLE IT!

I know far more people that were adversely affected by Baylor's being singled out for a nationwide problem (sexual assault) than you will ever know. Current male students, administration and alumnae are unfairly labeled for things they didn't do by simple minded group thinkers like yourself.

But if nothing else, consider this very common scenario, that has backlogged the Dept of Education due to complaints from situations at universities (Princeton, Harvard, Stanford, UT, etc.) all over the country about the lack of fundamental due process in the Obama guidelines:

Your son, or the son of someone you care about, attends ANY university that receives ANY form of federal funding, directly or indirectly, including student loans. He and his girlfriend have sex. They break up and she's a "woman scorned." She complains to the University (while not going to the police for some reason) and the University dutifully considers her claim under the "preponderance of evidence" standard set forth in a LETTER promulgated by the Obama administration. This is not a Constitutional amendment, not a federal law passed by Congress, not even a federal regulation. So the boy is allowed to furnish a written statement of what occurred as is the girl. The statements are considered by _____________________ (fill in the blank with people like school administrators, humanities/liberal arts professors and other people with no legal background). Of course, it's a "he said/she said" situation like 99% of these matters are. The boy is not provided a hearing, is not allowed to question the potential trier of fact (ie. jury pool), is not provided an opportunity to have his defense attorney question the girl (cross examination) or even make an oral argument. The school administration (as many have done following the Obama edict) decides to believe the girl's written statement because the school has to report these activities under the Clery Act and the school wants its numbers to look balanced, expels the boy and includes the reason for expulsion on his academic record making him academically toxic from thereon. He's going to have an extremely difficult time obtaining an undergraduate degree, EVER, and virtually no chance of obtaining any credible post graduate degree.

The above is not a made up scenario (for just a few examples, see https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...policy/538974/ or http://law.emory.edu/elj/content/vol...nfessions.html or https://www.heritage.org/education/r...ti-due-process or https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...ed-due-process). It has happened and is happening at universities across the country. Universities which should not be enforcing criminal law, as they are neither equipped nor legally authorized to do so, are nevertheless being compelled by Unconstitutional federal mandate backed by federal loans, grants, etc.

I have 2 daughters that attend or graduated from UT. I also have a son there. My biggest concern, by far, because my daughters know to avoid certain situations, is that my son (whether he was attending UT, Baylor or any other university where he could apply for federal loans) might be accused of assault by some girl who is ****** for some reason.

I don't know all the details of UT's system of "justice" in these scenarios, but if they follow the "Dear Colleague" letter (which most universities do since it comes with the threat of losing access to federal student loans, among other sources of federal funding), my son will already have his Constitutional rights violated by the imposition of the "preponderance of evidence" standard (versus the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard). Even if the school allows a hearing, representation by counsel, voir dire, cross-examination, etc. (again, which many schools don't allow), the school (ie. EVERY UNIVERSITY IN THIS COUNTRY!!!) is applying an unconstitutional standard.

To summarize, you should stop engaging in group think based on sources that are known to lie, and you probably should consider the implications of male college students being stripped of fundamental due process at universities across the nation. Likewise, if you, and people like you, are consistent in your "burn to the ground" foolishness, then there won't be very many universities left because the schools will either not be applying an illegal standard (and be burned to the ground), or worse yet, will be applying an unconstitutional standard but the sheep still won't be satisfied and/or unfairly expelled male students and friends and family will burn the schools to the ground.

You, Take Dead Aim, have employed the exact same thought process with your "burn to the ground" folly, that the Waco PD is alleged to have engaged in. Not real bright (especially in this thread) and certainly not informed.

Last edited by Heron; 02-11-2018 at 04:42 PM..
Heron is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 04:58 PM   #86
ladrones
Pope & Young
 
ladrones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NM
Default

Seems like the feds were more involved with this in the beginning?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #87
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron View Post
I know people who are far more connected at Baylor than you will ever know. I know Regents, the group who made the decision to fire Briles. Nothing worse is coming out (it already would have by this time) so quit repeating your baseless nonsense of which you have no personal or even reliable knowledge.

Now let me get this straight. YOU believe unproven allegations in court pleadings filed by Plaintiff's attorneys. Yeah, that's real bright. By the way, what do these pleadings allege? Baylor didn't take the alleged victims' sides when the victims were allegedly assaulted by other students at off campus locations?

Under the US Constitution (I guess you haven't heard of it but it's really important), neither Baylor nor any other Private or Public University across the nation are granted the prosecutorial powers that the Obama Administration has required the schools to employ. Clearly, you haven't thought about the far reaching consequences this can have and already has had against male students at schools across the country. IT'S REALLY VERY SIMPLE. SEXUAL ASSAULT IS (STILL, IN SPITE OF WHAT OBAMA SAYS) A POLICE MATTER. LET THE POLICE HANDLE IT!

I know far more people that were adversely affected by Baylor's being singled out for a nationwide problem (sexual assault) than you will ever know. Current male students, administration and alumnae are unfairly labeled for things they didn't do by simple minded group thinkers like yourself.

But if nothing else, consider this very common scenario, that has backlogged the Dept of Education due to complaints from situations at universities (Princeton, Harvard, Stanford, UT, etc.) all over the country about the lack of fundamental due process in the Obama guidelines:

Your son, or the son of someone you care about, attends ANY university that receives ANY form of federal funding, directly or indirectly, including student loans. He and his girlfriend have sex. They break up and she's a "woman scorned." She complains to the University (while not going to the police for some reason) and the University dutifully considers her claim under the "preponderance of evidence" standard set forth in a LETTER promulgated by the Obama administration. This is not a Constitutional amendment, not a federal law passed by Congress, not even a federal regulation. So the boy is allowed to furnish a written statement of what occurred as is the girl. The statements are considered by _____________________ (fill in the blank with people like school administrators, humanities/liberal arts professors and other people with no legal background). Of course, it's a "he said/she said" situation like 99% of these matters are. The boy is not provided a hearing, is not allowed to question the potential trier of fact (ie. jury pool), is not provided an opportunity to have his defense attorney question the girl (cross examination) or even make an oral argument. The school administration (as many have done following the Obama edict) decides to believe the girl's written statement because the school has to report these activities under the Clery Act and the school wants its numbers to look balanced, expels the boy and includes the reason for expulsion on his academic record making him academically toxic from thereon. He's going to have an extremely difficult time obtaining an undergraduate degree, EVER, and virtually no chance of obtaining any credible post graduate degree.

The above is not a made up scenario (for just a few examples, see https://www.theatlantic.com/educatio...policy/538974/ or http://law.emory.edu/elj/content/vol...nfessions.html or https://www.heritage.org/education/r...ti-due-process or https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...ed-due-process). It has happened and is happening at universities across the country. Universities which should not be enforcing criminal law, as they are neither equipped nor legally authorized to do so, are nevertheless being compelled by Unconstitutional federal mandate backed by federal loans, grants, etc.

I have 2 daughters that attend or graduated from UT. I also have a son there. My biggest concern, by far, because my daughters know to avoid certain situations, is that my son (whether he was attending UT, Baylor or any other university where he could apply for federal loans) might be accused of assault by some girl who is ****** for some reason.

I don't know all the details of UT's system of "justice" in these scenarios, but if they follow the "Dear Colleague" letter (which most universities do since it comes with the threat of losing access to federal student loans, among other sources of federal funding), my son will already have his Constitutional rights violated by the imposition of the "preponderance of evidence" standard (versus the "beyond a reasonable doubt" standard). Even if the school allows a hearing, representation by counsel, voir dire, cross-examination, etc. (again, which many schools don't allow), the school (ie. EVERY UNIVERSITY IN THIS COUNTRY!!!) is applying an unconstitutional standard.

To summarize, you should stop engaging in group think based on sources that are known to lie, and you probably should consider the implications of male college students being stripped of fundamental due process at universities across the nation. Likewise, if you, and people like you, are consistent in your "burn to the ground" foolishness, then there won't be very many universities left because the schools will either not be applying an illegal standard (and be burned to the ground), or worse yet, will be applying an unconstitutional standard but the sheep still won't be satisfied and/or unfairly expelled male students and friends and family will burn the schools to the ground.

You, Take Dead Aim, have employed the exact same thought process with your "burn to the ground" folly, that the Waco PD is alleged to have engaged in. Not real bright (especially in this thread) and certainly not informed.
I wouldn't brag about knowing Baylor regents. That school is a cesspool. Who I know is involved in the on going investigation not the school. How you can defend the school administration, coaches or players is beyond me. I also know a coach who was there and got out before the you know what hit the fan because he didn't believe what was happening was appropriate. He had gone to high ups to tell them what was going on and Brule sat him down the next day and told him to join the "team" or move on. He went and found a new job at a smaller school. That alone says what went on was pretty bad. Believe what you want and I'll do the same. I will sleep well at night. Hope you do too.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #88
Heron
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
I wouldn't brag about knowing Baylor regents. That school is a cesspool. Who I know is involved in the on going investigation not the school. How you can defend the school administration, coaches or players is beyond me. I also know a coach who was there and got out before the you know what hit the fan because he didn't believe what was happening was appropriate. He had gone to high ups to tell them what was going on and Brule sat him down the next day and told him to join the "team" or move on. He went and found a new job at a smaller school. That alone says what went on was pretty bad. Believe what you want and I'll do the same. I will sleep well at night. Hope you do too.
I see your fluent in the art of non sequitur (not a compliment, btw).

Feel free to show me where I defended Briles, the players, the University or anyone else for alleged actions. If you read my response to your mob mentality foolishness, you'll see that I defended what amounts to all male college students who have had and are still having Constitutional rights curtailed by a letter promulgated by the Obama administration.

As for the regents I know, they are extremely intelligent, humble and caring people. They look out for the rights and needs of others and, unlike you, are above labeling and attacking groups. I'll take them and many other Baylor alumnae I know who fund and participate in charitable works around the world (medical care, education, ministry and spiritual and emotional counseling, operating orphanages, adopting abandoned children, giving of their finances, flood and other natural disaster relief, etc.) over you any day based on what you've displayed here. The regents I know are fine men. You are self-righteous, judgmental, and hypocritical (remember, you condemned the alleged mob think of the Waco PD and then turned around and applied the exact same mentality to Baylor).

I sleep just fine though I am becoming increasingly concerned about the prevalence of people like you who willingly renounce rights that are there to protect them. People who condemn thousands of others simply based on the alleged and/or actual bad actions of a relatively few people do in fact concern me.

Just remember, the standard you use can be used against you. If you're not willing to extend basic due process rights to others, you shouldn't expect those to be extended to you. If you are willing to condemn a large group based on what you believe, or even based on what your told by a trusted friend, about a few, don't be surprised when you're someday lumped in with a group and also condemned. If you're willing to deputize unknown and untrained school administrators to prosecute and adjudicate off campus criminal behavior by their students applying a "preponderance of evidence" standard, then don't be surprised when someone you care about and believe is unfairly accused get expelled and blacklisted by the US higher education system. You reap what you sow.

Last edited by Heron; 02-11-2018 at 08:05 PM..
Heron is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 07:57 PM   #89
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

...............edit: wrong thread. Sorry, I thought I was on a thread about the biker shootout.
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 07:59 PM   #90
ladrones
Pope & Young
 
ladrones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NM
Default

The Bears need to make they're own thread.
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 08:04 PM   #91
Ironman
Pope & Young
 
Ironman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Wise County
Hunt In: Anywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
...............edit: wrong thread. Sorry, I thought I was on a thread about the biker shootout.
Right? But ironically enough, the undertone of people's rights is strikingly similar.
Ironman is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #92
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Does anything in Waco ever NOT get screwed up?
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #93
Notaguide
Four Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Waco
Hunt In: McLennan Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Does anything in Waco ever NOT get screwed up?
Sure....you just have to be in the right crowd.
Notaguide is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 08:31 PM   #94
Geezy Rider
Pope & Young
 
Geezy Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Weatherford, Tx.
Hunt In: Wise Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
Does anything in Waco ever NOT get screwed up?
Nope!
Geezy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 09:01 PM   #95
Saddle Tramp
Eight Point
 
Saddle Tramp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Rockport
Hunt In: Most Public some private
Default

Let's meet up at Mickey D's with Paint ball guns I only need a couple of thousand bucks.
Saddle Tramp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 11:05 PM   #96
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron View Post
I see your fluent in the art of non sequitur (not a compliment, btw).

Feel free to show me where I defended Briles, the players, the University or anyone else for alleged actions. If you read my response to your mob mentality foolishness, you'll see that I defended what amounts to all male college students who have had and are still having Constitutional rights curtailed by a letter promulgated by the Obama administration.

As for the regents I know, they are extremely intelligent, humble and caring people. They look out for the rights and needs of others and, unlike you, are above labeling and attacking groups. I'll take them and many other Baylor alumnae I know who fund and participate in charitable works around the world (medical care, education, ministry and spiritual and emotional counseling, operating orphanages, adopting abandoned children, giving of their finances, flood and other natural disaster relief, etc.) over you any day based on what you've displayed here. The regents I know are fine men. You are self-righteous, judgmental, and hypocritical (remember, you condemned the alleged mob think of the Waco PD and then turned around and applied the exact same mentality to Baylor).

I sleep just fine though I am becoming increasingly concerned about the prevalence of people like you who willingly renounce rights that are there to protect them. People who condemn thousands of others simply based on the alleged and/or actual bad actions of a relatively few people do in fact concern me.

Just remember, the standard you use can be used against you. If you're not willing to extend basic due process rights to others, you shouldn't expect those to be extended to you. If you are willing to condemn a large group based on what you believe, or even based on what your told by a trusted friend, about a few, don't be surprised when you're someday lumped in with a group and also condemned. If you're willing to deputize unknown and untrained school administrators to prosecute and adjudicate off campus criminal behavior by their students applying a "preponderance of evidence" standard, then don't be surprised when someone you care about and believe is unfairly accused get expelled and blacklisted by the US higher education system. You reap what you sow.
Look plain and simple. Baylor was way wrong in their handling of sexual assault and many other issues involving the football team. Regents didn't want to fire Briles even though everyone know he was in charge of the mishandlings. They finally had to fire him to save what little face they had left. I'm not saying Baylor did everything wrong but they didn't do much right. That school has had issues all the way back to the basketball murder. I say we should call it a truce and we just have different expectations of what expect from a higher institution.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #97
Chew
Pope & Young
 
Chew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kingwood, TX
Hunt In: Leon County
Default

So basically...I'm not moving to Waco.

Can we get back to Bandidos and friendly club meetings?
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 06:24 AM   #98
Goldeneagle
Pope & Young
 
Goldeneagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Allen, TX
Hunt In: Where ever I get a chance.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron View Post
You really shouldn't believe everything you see on ESPN or read in Texas Monthly. Those are 2 LIBERAL media outlets. Baylor got "caught" not enforcing the OBAMA administration's "Dear Colleague" letter which tramples all over the U.S. Constitution and Due Process - no right to legal counsel, no right to a jury of one's peers, no right to cross examine adverse witnesses, no presumption of innocence, etc.

Basically, when you have no clue what you're talking about and are relying on reports from left wing media outlets, you really shouldn't post. It simply exposes your ignorance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
You are the one with your head in the sand. Are you really that ignorant? Do you really think 50 plus girls all made up sexual assault stories just about the football team? I don't watch ESPN and heaven't read the Texas Monthly article. So what media outlet should I take my news from. Why don't you just link the article that will inform me. If you don't think Baylor was in the wrong and the town of Waco supported and aided what went on there you are crazy. I have a person that is closely involved on the happenings at Baylor and the worst is yet to come. The school has some huge hurdles that stand in front of them if they ever go to court on one of the cases. That school is going to have trouble paying off all these lawsuits to keep out of court.

With all that said I have yet seen one person from Baylor stand up and take the side of one of the girls assaulted. You are no different. If you think that nothing happened that is your choice but you are wrong in thinking that.
You two girls get a room.
Goldeneagle is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 07:44 AM   #99
Swampa
Pope & Young
 
Swampa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Waco is one of the ****tiest towns in Texas. Apparently their judicial system and University follows suit!
Swampa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2018, 07:54 AM   #100
glen
Pope & Young
 
glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Georgetown
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

Look guys. The Banditos were there meeting to discuss how they could give back to the community and volunteer opportunities at the local Children’s Hospitals and assisted living places. They started a conversation about women’s rights and the wrongs of Baylor University for not protecting and respecting young women. They decided they should have a peaceful ride to the campus. Cops got word of it and started killing people.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com