Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-15-2018, 11:08 PM   #1
Mary
Administrator

Default Bownanza 2018

If you haven't seen or heard...
  • Bownanza 2018 is March 17th
  • American Pavilion at Veterans Park
    3101 Harvey Road
    College Station, TX 77845
  • Meet and Greet - Friday night at the Park
  • The Big Event - Saturday at the Park

• Room Block at Hilton Garden Inn, College Station
    3081 University Drive East
    Bryan, TX 77802
  • Room rate is $129/night.
  • This rate and hold for rooms will last until February 16th.
  • If you need to cancel, you must do so BY March 2nd to avoid cancellation fees.

Check out The Bownanza Forum.
Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Mary is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-15-2018, 11:58 PM   #2
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Hey Mary, Is LSBA going to do the name tags again this year? ...will need a registration thread...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2018, 10:54 AM   #3
Mary
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Hey Mary, Is LSBA going to do the name tags again this year? ...will need a registration thread...
I will ask.
Old 01-16-2018, 11:57 AM   #4
Dave

All Bowhunters and family are invited
to the greatest back yard BBQ ever created!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2018, 09:01 AM   #5
Legdog
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
All Bowhunters and family are invited
to the greatest back yard BBQ ever created!
Bownanza XVI

Sixteen years of all inclusive good times.

Rain or shine.

At the end of each Bownanza, there's always a mixture of emotions. For me it's usually a combination of "man that was a heck of a good time I'm exhausted" followed by immediate thoughts of how to make it better next year. Then a year passes and some of the fire dims. We get busy with our personal lives and think less about the community and more about the tasks directly in front of us. It's only natural.

We need to ask ourselves, are we too busy for our outdoor families? You know, the people who inspire us to be good stewards of the land. The people who enjoy the brush country and a warm campfire. The people who enjoy all manner of discussion while remaining true to such core beliefs as family and country. Or is faceless cyber interaction enough?

Now is the time to re-stoke the bow hunting family fire and mark your calendar with plans to attend. Last year was an absolute blast and reminded all who made it out what a good and positive community this is. Everything is better after a handshake and a smile. It's also a perfect time to remember those who have passed on as there are so many good memories of lost loved ones surrounding this event. They certainly deserve our presence in a memorial setting.

It all boils down to one or two days to reconnect with our community that has provided so many great memories over the years.

We all need more of that.

Come out and be a part of something good. You will be glad you did.

Last edited by Legdog; 01-19-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Legdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2018, 09:27 AM   #6
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where invited

Sadly I will be on nights again so, no team for me and only a quick in/out visit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brazos Hunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #7
Legdog
Pope & Young

Let's do this!

Name:  25704260731_56ee7602c4_z.jpg
Views: 2987
Size:  130.2 KB
Old 01-19-2018, 11:54 AM   #8
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Y'all come! It'll be fun!

It'll just be you and a few hundred of your favorite huntin' buddies!

Name:  IMG_3388.jpg
Views: 2942
Size:  50.6 KB

With all the professional camera people, you might even get photographed and become famous!

SnakeLover got me good!

Name:  17_03_18_Bownanza-255.jpg
Views: 2999
Size:  353.6 KB

Back in the old days, Leggy had to improvise to get the group shot... Now Michael just whips out his drone...

Name:  IMG_3392.jpg
Views: 2897
Size:  36.5 KB
Old 01-19-2018, 02:44 PM   #9
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legdog View Post
Bownanza XVI

Rain or shine.

At the end of each Bownanza, there's always a mixture of emotions. For me it's usually a combination of "man that was a heck of a good time I'm exhausted" followed by immediate thoughts of how to make it better next year. Then a year passes and some of the fire dims. We get busy with our personal lives and think less about the community and more about the tasks directly in front of us. It's only natural.

We need to ask ourselves, are we too busy for our outdoor families? You know, the people who inspire us to be good stewards of the land. The people who enjoy the brush country and a warm campfire. The people who enjoy all manner of discussion while remaining true to such core beliefs as family and country. Or is faceless cyber interaction enough?

Now is the time to re-stoke the bow hunting family fire and mark your calendar with plans to attend. Last year was an absolute blast and reminded all who made it out what a good and positive community this is. Everything is better after a handshake and a smile. It's also a perfect time to remember those who have passed on as there are so many good memories of lost loved ones surrounding this event. They certainly deserve our presence in a memorial setting.

It all boils down to one or two days to reconnect with our community that has provided so many great memories over the years.

Well said!

Here are a few sights and sounds from last year's event!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wTxkUXnw4E&t=13s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2018, 05:13 PM   #10
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hardin Co

We should be able to make it again this yr.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2018, 10:30 PM   #11
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Hardin Co

Linda and I are thinking about joining a team this year.
If you are on a team when do you need to be there? We plan on being up for the festivities Friday night.
I got my Big Joe I could bring if need be , and Linda could cook dirt and make it taste good.

BigThicketBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2018, 11:21 PM   #12
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Bownanza XVI

Rain or shine.

Good job, wordmeister.

Steven said it all! For those of you who have never been to Bownanza, one has to wonder why. It is a great opportunity to take the internet mask off and meet some wonderful people face to face. I promise you will come away with some new friends and a better feeling about some of us you think are jackarses . The food is second to none, and the fellowship even better!

Come on down and enjoy the best family picnic you've ever been to.
Burnadell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 09:32 AM   #13
TMC50
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Whereever I can

UGH I will "hopefully" be in waco that weekend for powerlifting girls state. IF not I have a stinking baseball tournament... One day........
TMC50 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 10:49 AM   #14
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Bownanza XVI

Rain or shine.

Here here.....Time to make time to meet and see folks in person. Cyber socializing is cool and all but there is nothing like face to face shaking a man's hand or hugging a woman's neck to solidify that socialization. Plus the **** food and drink is good.. Be there or be square...

Last edited by Smart; 01-22-2018 at 10:52 AM.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 11:28 AM   #15
SKLOSS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anderson & Coleman Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Here here.....Time to make time to meet and see folks in person. Cyber socializing is cool and all but there is nothing like face to face shaking a man's hand or hugging a woman's neck to solidify that socialization. Plus the **** food and drink is good.. Be there or be square...
Well now I'm confused.... you shake my hand and hug my neck so am I a man or a woman??? Anyone know a good therapist?? Are the restrooms at the park transgender friendly??
SKLOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 08:02 PM   #16
Dave

I honestly believe that Bownanza is one of the main reasons that TBH has been able to maintain a social and generally positive atmosphere, unlike many other hunting forums.

When that person you are typing at is a real person who's kids you watched run around in the mud and who you shared a beverage with over wing's or ribs's you might disagree with them but you keep it social.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 09:51 PM   #17
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKLOSS View Post
Well now I'm confused.... you shake my hand and hug my neck so am I a man or a woman??? Anyone know a good therapist?? Are the restrooms at the park transgender friendly??

Calm down Caitlyn.... you just be you....
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 10:25 PM   #18
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Lotta great input in here.

Can hardly wait!
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 10:47 PM   #19
Iehooligan11b
Ten Point

Haven't been able to make it yet. Told my wife about it, who isn't even a member on here lol but she said we better go this year. She has wanted to go last couple of years but timing just didn't work out. So hopefully this will be our first year to make it.
Iehooligan11b is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 10:51 PM   #20
Tx_Wader
Ten Point

Hunt In: Jackson County and Utopia

Won't be able to get up there on Friday but I'm going to see if my son will ride up with me on Saturday morning.

Jason owes me a beer or two or maybe I owe him a beer or two. We'll flip a coin
Tx_Wader is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2018, 11:16 PM   #21
nursejenn
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McCulloch County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
Haven't been able to make it yet. Told my wife about it, who isn't even a member on here lol but she said we better go this year. She has wanted to go last couple of years but timing just didn't work out. So hopefully this will be our first year to make it.
Do it! You won't regret it...
nursejenn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2018, 12:55 AM   #22
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I honestly believe that Bownanza is one of the main reasons that TBH has been able to maintain a social and generally positive atmosphere, unlike many other hunting forums.

When that person you are typing at is a real person who's kids you watched run around in the mud and who you shared a beverage with over wing's or ribs's you might disagree with them but you keep it social.
True dat, Dave!
Old 01-23-2018, 12:57 AM   #23
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
True dat, Dave!

Iím coming for you this year

Black Ice is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #24
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Bownanza is a friendly, open arms affair. Bring your neighbors!
Old 01-23-2018, 01:54 PM   #25
Erin
Eight Point

Hunt In: Crockett Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Calm down Caitlyn.... you just be you....
And stay out of the women's bathroom!

I thought Justin was crazy our first Bownanza! I had no idea what to expect, froze my butt off and have been every year but once since then!
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-28-2018, 09:14 PM   #26
BigDraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Melvin TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
Linda and I are thinking about joining a team this year.
If you are on a team when do you need to be there? We plan on being up for the festivities Friday night.
I got my Big Joe I could bring if need be , and Linda could cook dirt and make it taste good.

Team chicken wang is always looking for talented members!!
BigDraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2018, 10:20 AM   #27
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young

I really hope to make it this year, too! Maybe, just maybe, I can get my husband to come, too!
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2018, 10:28 AM   #28
hogslayer78
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Augustine

Gonna try and make my first one this year!
hogslayer78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2018, 10:48 AM   #29
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson

Need to get back out to another Nanza. Been 2 times in the last 3 yrs. Hoping that wknd or at least that day is clear schedule!
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 12:20 PM   #30
webstertroy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: On a river

OK Fellas and Ladies.. I put in a request today to have the 17th off.. t will be a long shot with having 2 people quit.. But I am going to give it a shot.. If able.. ill beable to ride down for a couple hours.
webstertroy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 12:26 PM   #31
Rwc
Ten Point

Looking like the wife, Breck and I will be making this one.

Rwc
Rwc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2018, 12:29 PM   #32
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iehooligan11b View Post
Hope yall make it!
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2018, 10:02 PM   #33
duck'n
Ten Point

Hunt In: Blanco and Hidalgo Counties

Well after 12 years I am FINALLY making one of these!!! Can't wait!!
duck'n is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2018, 11:37 PM   #34
*DW*
Pope & Young

we haven't made it in several years . Try to make this one.
*DW* is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-03-2018, 03:53 PM   #35
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by *DW* View Post
we haven't made it in several years . Try to make this one.
"Try" does not get you any infraction favors with the mayor! You either come to Bownanza or you don't. No points for trying!
Old 02-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #36
webstertroy
Pope & Young

Ha!! I'll see yall there saturday
Old 02-03-2018, 09:00 PM   #37
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstertroy View Post
So, you are coming, Troy?
Old 02-04-2018, 07:15 AM   #38
webstertroy
Pope & Young

Yes sir
Old 02-06-2018, 09:54 PM   #39
Witchgrass
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bandera County

Gonna try to make it this year!
Witchgrass is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-07-2018, 12:34 AM   #40
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by webstertroy View Post
Excellent Troy! The beers on me. What do you drink? I will bring it.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:34 AM   #41
Burnadell
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchgrass View Post
Gonna try to make it this year!
See post #35.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #42
webstertroy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnadell View Post
Excellent Troy! The beers on me. What do you drink? I will bring it.
Thanks but I won't be drinking. I WILL BE HEADING BACK HOME THE SAME DAY
Old 02-07-2018, 11:35 AM   #43
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

From all the chatter here and on the '18 forum, looks like this one might be a biggun!! Hope so... AND hope the weather is NOT typical Bownanza cold, wet, windy!!
Old 02-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #44
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Looking forward to it as always.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 08:34 AM   #45
Mary
Administrator

Check out the great logo Larry created for this year's Nanza. Thank you Larry!!!

Name:  Bownanza16_ShirtGrey.jpg
Views: 2047
Size:  67.4 KB

I'll be doing pre-orders probably by the end of next week.

ALSO....if you will be attending this year's Bownanza, please put your name on the Nametag Thread so you can get one of Bob's awesome nametags.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:52 PM   #46
tonyterry
Six Point

Hunt In: Long star state

What is the bownanza? a bbq or campout or what? I like to check it out!

tonyterry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 07:57 PM   #47
Legdog
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyterry View Post
What is the bownanza? a bbq or campout or what? I like to check it out!

Family reunion broken into cooking teams! All are welcome and there's no charge! Everything is 100% donated but everyone is encouraged to pitch in however they see fit.

Check out the Bownanza 2018 forum. You can join any team or simply show up and sample. It's also a great place to purchase TBH gear.

Great shirt Larry!
Old 02-09-2018, 08:09 PM   #48
KingsX
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion ,Tom green co.

Me,the wife and kids really need to make one of these oneday. It’s a pretty good drive from San Angelo. Both kids birthdays and my wedding anniversary are in March so it’s a busy month too but I’m going to make the trip oneday!
KingsX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2018, 08:19 PM   #49
webstertroy
Pope & Young

How late do things run saturday nights usually
Old 02-09-2018, 10:51 PM   #50
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Schleicher County

Quote: