RV LED light question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RV LED light question

I wanted to change out my light bulbs in the RV with LED lights. I found some on Amazon that have the same number 921. My brother bought some and said the work. I am a little concerned because of one of the statements in the description. It says:

• Notice: DC12V LED Bulbs Cannot be used for AC12V DC13V RV or Above DC13v Large vehicles, high power battery output or high voltage may cause overheat or Burn out!

Does that mean it can’t be used in the RV? I would think that the camper is AC12V when it is plugged in. I’m not sure. What do you think?

Worked fine on mine. Was not real happy with the light output however.

Comment

All of the lights in your camper should be 12 VDC. That's why you can turn them on when it it's not plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
        All of the lights in your camper should be 12 VDC. That's why you can turn them on when it it's not plugged in.
        This.

Comment

I'm running these in mine. No issues so far and light is good. I have the cool white and like how bright they are; I did the warm white first and it was a little dim for my preferences.

Comment

I’ve got a new RV. The converter keeps the DC voltage up to around 13.5 to 13.2 volts. However, I put my meter on the wires for the lights in the ceiling and found the voltage to actually be 12.7 volts there. This is due to all the different connections that put resistance into the system which lowers the actual voltage seen.

So basically, you should be able to run them with no problems.

Comment

I see my old post got bumped from 2018. So here is what has happened since. I changed them all out to LEDs. I can now go off grid and use a solar panel. Since 2018, I have only had 1 burn out. The lighting is much better too.

Comment

They work fine, but pay attention to the lumens when you buy them. The first ones I bought seemed to give out less light than the old bulbs. The next ones I bought gave me a lot more light than the original bulbs. Never had any problems with them. Have a new RV now and all the lights are LED

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                  Worked fine on mine. Was not real happy with the light output however.
                  X2
                  The light output is horrible.

Comment

I know Amazon is a popular place to get things quickly, but check out this place that specializes in RV LED lighting.

Comment

Changed out all mind throughout and they worked GREAT. Go For It

Comment

Working...
                      X