Turkish Coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkish Coffee

Any TBHers make it/drink it. Willing to give tips on making/brewing it?

Somebody on here as spoke of it before. I’ve had it before at a Mediterranean restaurant and liked it. I almost bought a pot to try it at home but haven’t done that yet.

Comment

Wife's father is greek. So greek coffee instead of crap from turks :P but yeah I've had both, its good.

Tip- be patient and let the grounds settle. Last thing you want is a mouthful of grounds so fine you think you swallowed boiled dirt.

Comment

I love it but I don’t make it if know how too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Made my first pot(Ibriki) today and it was great!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
            Wife's father is greek. So greek coffee instead of crap from turks :P but yeah I've had both, its good.

Tip- be patient and let the grounds settle. Last thing you want is a mouthful of grounds so fine you think you swallowed boiled dirt.
            Tell me the difference between Greek and Turkish coffee

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
              Tell me the difference between Greek and Turkish coffee
              Too my knowledge, none really. Just the name on the label. I'm sure if I had them side by side, I could tell the difference. Greeks and turks just historically don't like each other, and so now you see nearly identical products sold as turkish or greek. Some companies avoid this and just label as "Mediterranean ". In fact as far as I know the Greeks originally got it from the Turks.

Comment

Too my knowledge, none really. Just the name on the label. I'm sure if I had them side by side, I could tell the difference. Greeks and turks just historically don't like each other, and so now you see nearly identical products sold as turkish or greek. Some companies avoid this and just label as "Mediterranean ". In fact as far as I know the Greeks originally got it from the Turks.
                Ok. I didn't know one way or another.

We were in Israel a month ago and I bought some Turkish coffee/Cardamaum and it is pretty good. Better than anything I have drank in the US

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                  Ok. I didn't know one way or another.

We were in Israel a month ago and I bought some Turkish coffee/Cardamaum and it is pretty good. Better than anything I have drank in the US
                  That's awesome, on the list of places to go. Yeah I occasionally put cardamom in my coffee anyways, even if its not turkish coffee. I bet the stuff you got from Israel is great!

Comment

That's awesome, on the list of places to go. Yeah I occasionally put cardamom in my coffee anyways, even if its not turkish coffee. I bet the stuff you got from Israel is great!
                    It really is. I was not expecting it to be so smooth and the Cardamom gives it a great taste

Comment

Working...
                    X