No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice sow crod!! i was out at pecan unit from sun up to sun down yesterday and didnt see a dang thing!! what unit were you at?

Comment

Awesome, nice sow!

A buddy and I are headed out there Saturday to do an overnight at fox bottom, hoping to get into some pigs.

Do you guys wear blaze orange when you hunt out there? Is it required? This will be my first time hunting granger, usually just fish it.

Comment

WOO HOO!!! ****ed fine piggy ya got there Crod

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
          Awesome, nice sow!

A buddy and I are headed out there Saturday to do an overnight at fox bottom, hoping to get into some pigs.

Do you guys wear blaze orange when you hunt out there? Is it required? This will be my first time hunting granger, usually just fish it.
          Yes Blaze Orange is required. Good Luck!!!! Hunting time is 30 minutes before sun up and 30 minutes after sundown.

Comment

Nice piggy you got there.

Comment

'Bout time some blood was spilled on this thread. Way to go Crod!

And God said to the Man: Behold; I giveth thee every fish of the sea, every bird of the air, and and every creature that creeps upon the land, to be your food; If you can catch them.
              Last edited by NightStalker; 01-20-2011, 10:01 PM. Reason: final thought

Comment

we will be out there again on sunday,gonna try a diffrent spot i think

Comment

Gonna be out Saturday and Sunday for the afternoon hunts

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                    Gonna be out Saturday and Sunday for the afternoon hunts
                    pm me where ya gonna be maybe we can hook up sunday

Comment

granger lake, tx hogs location

they have been seeing alot of hogs behind the water treatment plant and behind the dam, my best friend recently just moved out past the headquarters building, said they have killed six in the past week, seeing about 50 to 100 when you count the piglets, this is usually around the time every year when the sows drop there second litter at granger, so alot of football size piglets running around. go get them before the helicopter hunt next week! they just shoot and leave them lay, what a waste, that is why the coyotes are so big at granger lake. if anyone wants to know where to go to granger lake to kill a hog you can email me and i will put you on them the first day, i'm in colorado now but my friends live out there and i have hunted the lake for 20 years.

Comment

Muzzy and I walked from the bluff all the way to circlville dang near and back the other day. Didnt see or spook or hear any hogs. Spooked about 12 deer total but no hogs..! I dont think we have ever walked that area and back and not atleast seen or spooked some... Dunno whats going on this year. Hopefully we will have them figured out by the xtreme hunt. I guess next time we will walk from the bluff towards the plant and see what we can find...

Navy if you dont mind PM the area yall have been seein them we are gunna give it another go on monday maybe. Thanks

Comment

Paint and Crod let us know how yall do.

Comment

good luck to you guys...I'm working on getting some time to get in there before the helishoots begin (thanks for the heads up on that Navy Chief)... I've not been out there this time of year before, only in June/July/August so I'm curious to see if the hogs are using different sleeping/eating/bedding/wallowing patterns as opposed to the summer, and if they have moved areas or not too...I am fascinated by these critters and totaly hooked on hog huntin' with my recurve!

Comment

granger lake, tx hogs location

get on them for the helo guys spook them then they are really going nocturnal, park at the overlook on the dam and glass those cattails behind the overflow, my buddy has killed 3 there but you need binos to spot from high and rubber boots cause it's about a foot of marshy stinky grass and mud to manuever through but you can walk right up on them and they are loud as hell in there, alot of times you can hear them and not see and there 10 yds away, shoot fixed blade cause you have to shoot through the grass.

Comment

[QUOTE=TXUSNAVYCHIEF;33754if anyone wants to know where to go to granger lake to kill a hog you can email me and i will put you on them the first..[/QUOTE]

Should we draw up a map? It might be helpful to the first timers.

Comment

Working...
                                X