Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big DT just committed. Need some big fellas for the trenches! No. 1 DT in the state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone read the Dennis Dodd article where he asks 20 some odd coaches about cheating in an anonymous questionnaire? Interesting article

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
        Anyone read the Dennis Dodd article where he asks 20 some odd coaches about cheating in an anonymous questionnaire? Interesting article
        I hadn't until your post. Interesting for sure....not surprising at all.

Comment

Herman contining to bring in top talent.

States #1 DT 4 star Keondre Coburn committed today...

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
            Eat em up Coogs.

Just ready for some football gentlemen.

Very interested to see -
            CMA at UH
            What CTH does for UT
            If CKS get's it's right or is fired
            Or if CKK is ever going to recruit a defense

Honestly, let's get some Texas teams back in the top 25

Go Coogs

Comment

Looks like the Aggies and the longhorns are on their way to landing top class

Expect Longhorns aroudn #4 and Aggies around #9-10 if everything holds true

Longhorns are loading up on skill positions, while Aggies load up in the trenches.

Aggies in State Rankings:
              OL - #2 (Matthews), #3 (Blanton), #6 (Clement) in Texas all committed
              DL - #1 DE (Wright), #3 DE (Ossai - Expected), #2 DT - Brown (Expected), #4 DT - Livingston

If we can land Ossai and Brown like we are expected to that will be a solid haul in the trenches.

This class could be top 10 with only 21 commits, and it really is only lacking CB. We failed there, but they really like this 2017 JUCO CB who has 3 to play 3. Right now we have 2 DB's and will take 3 at most in 2018

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

Longhorns are loading up on skill positions, while Aggies load up in the trenches.

DL - #1 DE (Wright), #3 DE (Ossai - Expected), #2 DT - Brown (Expected), #4 DT - Livingston

If we can land Ossai and Brown like we are expected to that will be a solid haul in the trenches.

This class could be top 10 with only 21 commits, and it really is only lacking CB. We failed there, but they really like this 2017 JUCO CB who has 3 to play 3. Right now we have 2 DB's and will take 3 at most in 2018

I like the added "expected commits" to boost the overall look..

Texas $9.95s are saying the Ossai thing is close....and Bama-ers are saying the same about Brown.....and sounds like A&M's $9.95ers are calling them both.. Saving this to see how it plays out.
                Last edited by Smart; 08-08-2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

Not too shabby. Brown seems like the kind of kid that will jump on that Bama wagon that's proven. I figure Ossai is headed to Cstat.

Texas isn't stacked in the trenches in the 2018 class thus far from the lack of trying, but landing the No.1 DT in state (Coburn) when their isn't much to select from... is big. I don't see Brown on the forty but figure Texas picks up the former Ole Miss commit (Israel Antwine). As for DE, Texas has a slight chance with Ossai, but I doubt Perkins is a real option and Tatum bouncing back to OU sucked

The big negative for Texas when it comes down to the trench men is on the OL and I can see Texas possibly losing out on Ghirmai to UCLA. With that being said, they have 1 tackle committed though not highly rated and I think they have a good shot at landing Angilau from Utah. Guard on the other hand doesn't look so promising and they've only offered 4 kids.

With 16 committed and the class probably coming in around 22-24 kids. A few that are high probability are Jamison (CB), Epps (TE), Antwine (DT) and Bush (WR). That gets them to 20 with room for a couple more.

Cook, the No.1 in state CB is down to tOSU or Texas. He would be a nice add.

Top 10 class would be nice, but I'm more interested in seeing it matter on the field...There is already a ton of talent in the Texas locker room. (Should Texas add, Ghirmai (OL), Angilau (OL), Antwine (DT), Ossai (DE), Jamison (CB), Cook (CB), Epps (TE) Bush (WR) and Waddle (WR), that would put the class at 25 kids and calculate to a top 3 class in 2017 by player evaluating services). On a side note, that would be pretty Epic coming off seven down years, three losing seasons and a new coach...
                  Last edited by Chad C; 08-08-2017, 07:51 AM.

Comment

The OL crop in Texas this year is no bueno but with Connor gone at years end I'm pretty surprised we haven't done more on the OL to this point.

Comment

The OL crop in Texas this year is no bueno but with Connor gone at years end I'm pretty surprised we haven't done more on the OL to this point.
                      It will suck losing Connor, but I like what is being said about the OL with Connor, Vahe, Shack, McMillan and Rod standing their ground. Sounds like that weakass excuse for the right side last season has some real promise for 2017.

OL is the hardest position to evaluate. Too many (most) don't grow into the position until they get to CFB.

Texas starting line based on composite: Connor 3*, Vahe 4*, Shack 3*, McMillon 3* and E Rod 3*
                      Last edited by Chad C; 08-08-2017, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        I like the added "expected commits" to boost the overall look..

Texas $9.95s are saying the Ossai thing is close....and Bama-ers are saying the same about Brown.....and sounds like A&M's $9.95ers are calling them both.. Saving this to see how it plays out.
                        Ossai is 100% crystal balled to A&M, and Brown has visited 3 times this summer...Ag sites feel good about both at this moment. Everybody knows when seasons start it can change

Ossai
                        Brown
                        Waddle

Those are the three guys the ag's sites feel good about landing.

After that we will take the next 2 best available and call it a wrap.

Pretty Impressive group of WR in Texas this year when both classes can take 4 each and still load up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          It will suck losing Connor, but I like what is being said about the OL with Connor, Vahe, Shack, McMillan and Rod standing their ground. Sounds like that weakass excuse for the right side last season has some real promise for 2017.

OL is the hardest position to evaluate. Too many (most) don't grow into the position until they get to CFB.

Texas starting line based on composite: Connor 3*, Vahe 4*, Shack 3*, McMillon 3* and E Rod 3*
                          Yep. I'm with ya. Sounds like we are starting to build at least a little depth on the inside but I'm not sure Connor's replacement is even on campus yet. Might have to hit the Juco pool............assuming there's anyone worth taking that can actually get into UT via Juco.

Comment

Yep. I'm with ya. Sounds like we are starting to build at least a little depth on the inside but I'm not sure Connor's replacement is even on campus yet. Might have to hit the Juco pool............assuming there's anyone worth taking that can actually get into UT via Juco.
                            JP (RSF) and Delance (Soph) are the 2 to keep an eye on at LT.

Comment

So.....can Texas and A&M finally both be good at the same time?

For some reason it never happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                So.....can Texas and A&M finally both be good at the same time?

For some reason it never happens.
                                No reason it cant happen if compare to the Florida schools but I'm beginning to think it never will

Comment

Working...
                                X