DCNF Public Land LDP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCNF Public Land LDP

This buck was harvested this last Saturday at 8:30a.m.... It was a beautiful morning, no wind, nice and cool. Didn't get any good photos, forgot the camera at the house and had to use the BB. Tables turned this last weekend. Last few hunts I've been covered up in does and smaller bucks. Saturday morning, saw one really nice shooter that hopefully will go unharmed this year, and another small basket rack. Then this guy walked out, but stayed out about 50 yards, and wasn't responding to grunting. I finally let the Primos Estrus can go, and he turned and made a b-line directly to the base of my tree. The Easton N-Fusion tipped with a muzzy 100 grain dropped him 5 yards from the base of my tree. The Alpine Frontier has been a great bow over the last couple years. Very pleased with it.

Good Hunting....

Chris

Congrats on a nice public buck!!

Comment

Good job, what area? I have some buds that still hunt over there, I used to hunt over around Nigton.

Comment

Sweet public land buck.....so what are the directions to your stand? lol I will am planning a trip to the DCNF do you have any pointers?

Comment

Not far from Nigton. But not in the Type II area. We generally hunt off of 358 and 3154 (Possum Walk) area. The Type II around Apple Springs is looking promising. Didn't see but a handfull of people out there last year, and it was pretty much empty after thanksgiving. I purchased my Type II this year in hopes of getting a general season doe permit that didn't happen. But I'll still hunt it opening week of rifle just to get a feel for it. Scouted some nice areas along the Neches that look pretty promising. We'll see.....

Comment

Nice buck! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Cool Buck! Good job.

Comment

Congratulations on a fine public land buck!

Comment

High quality!! Congrats!

Comment

cw3jperry5

Thank's for the info. I still cant PM. BTW: One of my best friends lives in Cedar Park an we used to hit up Moonies over in Leander on thurs nights all the time when I lived in Austin.

Comment

Great lookinn buck!Congratulations.

Comment

Public land! You da man....congrats!

Comment

Heck of a public land trophy. Congrats

Comment

Thats a fine public land buck.. Congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X