are all the units fenced in ?

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
      Only the ones Ironman hunts!

Comment

Originally posted by hogman$ View Post
        Froggy would know, but all the ones I've been on are. Some even have cross fences.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordtough68 View Post
          Only the ones Ironman hunts!
          Yes! Invisible high fence. It's awesome!

Comment

1st Timer

Any advice you would give a first timer to LBJ? I went up and scouted an area yesterday after reading a little on this sight. Found a nice area to take my climber.

I read about the orange vest and cap, but are there any other major rules/laws I should be aware of?

Thanks

Comment

If you see other hunters vehicles, don't hunt there that day. General antler restrictions. Bow only. That's all I can think of right off hand.

Comment

Originally posted by giveiturbest View Post
                Any advice you would give a first timer to LBJ? I went up and scouted an area yesterday after reading a little on this sight. Found a nice area to take my climber.

I read about the orange vest and cap, but are there any other major rules/laws I should be aware of?

Thanks
                Stop by the USFS office in Decatur. They will fill ya in. It's just pass the 380 underpass on Hwy 287 north. And on the north (right) side of the road. A very small office. Don't miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  Stop by the USFS office in Decatur. They will fill ya in. It's just pass the 380 underpass on Hwy 287 north. And on the north (right) side of the road. A very small office. Don't miss it.
                  Yeah I called them, I think I am good to go. They are burning a couple sections starting today and running through the weekend, 31 and 47 so yall know as well.

Comment

Thanks
                    I've heard during rifle season it's shotgun only, must use slug or buckshot. And of course bow is allowed at that time.

Comment

same I'm headed out on sunday first time ill be on that place how late do people normally sit in the mornings ? I'm gonna get there around 12:00 don't wanna walk in on anybody hunting

Comment

Is it legal so throw a handful of corn where you plan to hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by DTH View Post
                          Is it legal so throw a handful of corn where you plan to hunt?
                          No. No baiting.

Comment

Yeah I called them, I think I am good to go. They are burning a couple sections starting today and running through the weekend, 31 and 47 so yall know as well.
                            I just spoke to them as well. Unit 31 is getting burned for a week straight. Lit the match today.

Comment

Originally posted by DTH View Post
                              I've heard during rifle season it's shotgun only, must use slug or buckshot. And of course bow is allowed at that time.
                              That is incorrect. During general season muzzloaders, or shotguns using buck shot or slugs are legal. No high powered rifles, and no baiting.

Comment

LBJ Grasslands 2016-2017

Well I'm in the stand this morning... nice front moved in last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by giveiturbest; 10-13-2016, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X