No announcement yet.

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to head that way either Feb 17th or the following weekend. In terms of feeder hunting- February has always been the most active month in my opinion. Seems like every February I have a few 'Nat. Geo.' quality hunts.

Comment

I'll be out this weekend also. Heading out this afternoon to try and hammer some pigs and fill the protein feeders.

Comment

I'm headed down tomorrow to check out a new lease.

Comment

We were out today and found a shed antler.... I think this is the earliest we've found one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got home and getting ready for Super Bowl ! We got the feeders filled and managed to thin the coon population by 11 and the cooler was empty ! So I'd say a very successful trip !

Comment

We just got on a place called the T4 ranch 30 miles south of Sonora. There are some axis. Any other exotics we should be looking for?

Comment

Sonora TX 2017-2018

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                I agree 100% It's been a long time since I've been as excited to get on a place. We've not seen too many exotics, but hoping axis will be making an increased showing in the area.

From what I've read, it's best to feed protein starting the next few weeks and continuing through late summer, is that correct?

I would feed protein Year around if you have some exotics and want them to stay around. The axis on our place love it. We use the Lamco timed protein feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                  I would feed protein Year around if you have some exotics and want them to stay around. The axis on our place love it. We use the Lamco timed protein feeders.

Those axis look fat & happy

Comment

Looks like I'm going to be hunting Sonora this year for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by txfirefighter_04 View Post
                      Those axis look fat & happy

Next weekend I hope to make TNT(Tall, Narrow, Thick) unhappy[emoji51]

Comment

I'll be tagging along again...Even though I don't hunt Sonora I did as a kid and enjoyed the beautiful country side tremendously ...Good luck everyone...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          I'll be tagging along again...Even though I don't hunt Sonora I did as a kid and enjoyed the beautiful country side tremendously ...Good luck everyone...
                          That's cool ! Cause I don't hunt in Mexico anymore but I tag along on y'alls Mexico thread. Oh man one of these days I will return for sure ! So good luck to y'all as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                            Looks like I'm going to be hunting Sonora this year for the first time.

For first timers in Sonora area just a word of caution is to be patient. You will see good bucks prob every time you sit in the blind. I've hunted Sonora for 15 years and I learned my lesson the first year is to be patient and it paid off. The good bucks never moved good until first week of December for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
                              For first timers in Sonora area just a word of caution is to be patient. You will see good bucks prob every time you sit in the blind. I've hunted Sonora for 15 years and I learned my lesson the first year is to be patient and it paid off. The good bucks never moved good until first week of December for as long as I can remember.

That's good to know. One of the guys on the lease mentioned the same and that the first two weeks of December were usually peak rut.

Which part of Sonora are you hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                                That's good to know. One of the guys on the lease mentioned the same and that the first two weeks of December were usually peak rut.

Which part of Sonora are you hunting?
                                Yep this man speaks the Truth...I have hunted 30 miles east of Sonora since 2001..You will not get an idea of the quality of bucks that are on your lease till the week of Thanksgiving thru Dec 10..They really hit it hard during this time and you will continually see New Bucks, and Bucks that travel during the day (all-day)..Plan to take some Vacation time during these weeks because it really gets quiet during the middle of the week and they will move all-day...Good Luck

Comment

Working...
                                X