No announcement yet.

Weight loss competition for 2018?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be interested as well. I have knee problems that wont let me jog but I got a bike and now need the motivation to get on it.

Comment

Sounds good! The more people the better.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

id be in for this I need to lose about 45lbs. New baby and a stressful pregnancy have kept this fat boy out of the gym for a while. just 2 years ago I was running 4-5 miles a day now I cant run 1 mile straight. Also plan to quit smoking again when this starts

Comment

In

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

In!!!!!!

Comment

I am in. I'm not in terrible shape but I'm in a lot worse shape than I was 2.5 years ago when I started a new job and my wife decided to go back to work. Now it's hard to keep a workout routine between taking kids to school, working, and all the extra family stuff. Starting this will be another motivating factor. I've been planning on starting something after deer season. I've done a massive weight loss before and it takes a lot of effort and dedication. I only want to drop about 30 lbs. Good luck to everyone! Let's do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cody903 View Post
                I know it be hard to get an accurate number. But what about bf%. As someone who plans to lift while dieting, my hope would be that I would add lean muscle mass as well as losing fat. So just going by the scale number would not reflect the fat loss and then replaced with muscle.
                Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                I'm not sure we could get accurate enough numbers for that. I'll look into it and see how it works.

You don't want to make it to complicated. It might alienate some folks. JMO, but BF% for total lbs loss. If you gain some solid mass, I hope to as well, consider it a bonus.

Comment

I have created a TBH Loser discussion forum for this group. It is a Proboards forum, so it MIGHT be usable on Tapatalk. I'll have to look into that part. I hope to start this on January 1, with a "no later than" registration date of January 15.

I anticipate it will be password protected and only paid registrants will have access. Right now I'm thinking $20 each, with a weigh out on July 1. The board will have discussion areas as well. I'll likely need another admin to help. BigL, are you interested?

Comment

To be clear, this is open to TBH members and their family. Each entrants must pay the fee, regardless of affiliation. It is open to makes and females and there will be no full on pictures unless you want to post progress pics. You will have to take a picture of you on the scale, but that would be your feet and the scale only.

So, if you have a wife or husband, son or daughter who would like in, that's fine.

Forum rules will be in place, so don't expect any negativity here. It will be a safe place for weight loss and discussions about weight loss. I hope to see plenty of positive reinforcement there.

Comment

So it’s not going to be kept up within tbh, rather on another site?

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
                        So it’s not going to be kept up within tbh, rather on another site?
                        Correct.

Comment

Link to the other site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
                            Link to the other site?

It'll be available once folks are signed up. It will be a basic forum format.

Comment

I’m in

Comment

Originally posted by BoneDigger View Post
                                It'll be available once folks are signed up. It will be a basic forum format.

So where do we sign up?

Comment

Working...
                                X