No announcement yet.

Nice to have good equipment when your truck breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exact same thing happened to my brother's 2013 3500 the other day when we were at lease. He said it happened to his boss's as well a few months earlier.
    I told him that we should use this as a teaching moment and learn a valuable lesson.... Don't buy a Dodge!

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
      Weird...this is the third time I have heard of this happening in 2 weeks.

You have a very marketable product.
      This happened to my buddy in Kansas in the rain the exact same part that broke on yours.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
        Jeep has a similar ****ty design for their transfer case linkages...ask me how I know...

Good news is I looked like MacGyver putting the thing back together using one of my wife's bobby pins on the side of a 10,000' mountain pass in Colorado.
        Yep I fixed mine with a zip tie to get me down

Comment

The linkage on my 74 blazers transfer case broke one night after pulling a buddy out if the mud. I couldn't get it back out of 4x4. He thought my truck was done for the night until the part store opened. But I grabbed my tackle box from the back of my truck and fixed it with a gold Aberdeen crappie hook! Lol sold the truck with it still like that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

The stock bushings wear out pretty quick

Comment

Cant wait to have a solid one. wire is what is holding mine together now.

Does it line up with no problems being that fat? Any pics of it installed?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                Cant wait to have a solid one. wire is what is holding mine together now.

Does it line up with no problems being that fat? Any pics of it installed?
                I don't have any pics of it installed, but it bolted right on with no interference that i could see.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

One look at the pic and knew exactly what I was looking at. Keep a couple extra of those crappy rubber bushings in my ash tray now[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

lost the shifter linkage in the middle of NM 2 weeks ago. I picked up the new linkage yesterday at the dodge house!

Comment

One more reason to not buy a Dodge...

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
                        One more reason to not buy a Dodge...

Puuullleeease every manufacturer out there uses plastic in stupid places. I used to have to keep 1/2 dozen or so of those red and green bushings in my Chevy that goes on the tailgate linkage arms that broke about every 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Okay folks, parts are in and one is built, it goes to DirtyMike. Who is next?

I used mine over opening weekend a couple times, shifted into 4- high and 4- low with zero problems. Felt much more solid than the old setup ever did. You can actually FEEL it going into gear. My biggest worry was rattling since there's no more rubber bushing, but I didn't notice any at all with over 6 hours of highway driving plus the normal driving around the ranch, a trip into town, city traffic leaving my buddy's house in Round Rock etc. I'm pleased.

Comment

Here's how she mounts on the truck. The lever coming from the transfer case is bent, so it goes on the outside.

Comment

Working...
                            X