Pressing a Bow without a Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever done this? I've used the wrench in the cam after slight draw method many times with no ill effects.

I'm just curious if anyone else has taken this approach with good, or bad, results. Seems to work like a charm on the bows with which I've tried it.

Yes I use a rod that fits in the holes

Comment

I have used a ratchet strap

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
        I have used a ratchet strap

We (Rat on TBH) used a ratchet strap on my bow years ago on a hog hunt. I rolled my release up in the cam and we had to press it to get it free. Worked like a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          We (Rat on TBH) used a ratchet strap on my bow years ago on a hog hunt. I rolled my release up in the cam and we had to press it to get it free. Worked like a charm.
          We were on a hunt too. It got him back in the stand and worked just fine for the duration of the hunt.

Comment

I once used a couple of ratchet straps when a friend derailed a bow during a hunt.

Be careful when using a chock in the cams, some cams are not strong enough to handle the stress. Some PSE cams have been damaged from doing this, those are the only cams I know of.

A much better option is to use a portable press, they are only about $60 and can be used even if a bow has been derailed.

Guess I should've refreshed before I posted!

Comment

Is a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                Has anyone ever done this? I've used the wrench in the cam after slight draw method many times with no ill effects.

I'm just curious if anyone else has taken this approach with good, or bad, results. Seems to work like a charm on the bows with which I've tried it.
                Yes. I have used a ratchet strap. Works great. Just remember to back out the Limb Bolts 6 or 7 revs

Comment

Only the ratchet strap here. Worked fine.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Bowmaster presses can fit in your pocket

Comment

Generally I would advise against it but if you’re in the field and in a bind a ratchet strap will work. I agree with rat on the Bowmaster, I’ve owned one and it sucks but it’s fairly safe and stable. And again with chalking the cams some may take the load some may not. I just wouldn’t wish a field repair on anyone, they are the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used a ratchet strap on a boat in pig hunt after I had my string derail. Killed a pig the next day.

Comment

Working...
                        X