Warranty question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warranty question

There is a Carbon Spyder 30 for sale in the classified adds that is one heck of a deal. The seller says the registration card hasn't been filled out and sent in. My question is if one bought the bow and filled the card out and sends it in will the warranty be valid since that person wasn't the original purchaser?
    The warranty issue would stop me from being able to buy it if so. It would stink to buy it and then have to eat something later on because I wasn't the original buyer. I am currently in the market to get a new bow and that one is out of my price range new. The sellers price is at the top end of what I'm willing to spend and a heck of a deal for the bow. The problem is the warranty and I've had a couple of friends who bought used bows have bad issues and no warranty. I've been fortunate with my Z7E bought used but not having any problems. Spending that much would hurt you if something went wrong on the bow and then find out the card you sent in still left you with an invalid warranty.

How long is the warranty and do they have a receipt? If no receipt, I would think no warranty...

Comment

With bows the warranty is only for the original purchaser. My question is if that person has recently purchased it and not yet sent in the card could you send it in, register it to you and have the warranty? If the purchaser has the original receipt would a copy of that help (as long as no name was on it)?

Comment

With Hoyt you have 30 days from the original purchase date to get the warranty card sent in or register online.

Comment

There is a good question to ask.

Comment

If you are the one that sends in the warranty card, then according to Hoyt, you are the original buyer. I other words, it would be just like you bought it from a shop with idle inventory they decided to clear out.

If it is the bow you want, and the price is right, then I say go for it, and you be the one to send in the card.

Comment

How about calling Hoyt and asking. I know the dealer takes care of that stuff when they sale a Mathews.

Comment

If you can live with the fact that you're lying to Hoyt, go for it.

Comment

I bought a Mathews used and never had an issue. I would hope Hoyt made just as good a bow.

Comment

Working...
                  X