That moment when......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That moment when......

you feel so stupid that you slowly look up and around to see if anyone saw you.

I will share mine from yesterday. I was about to pick up where I left off last weekend cleaning fence line, got out of the ranger, picked up the chain saw and made sure it was full of gas and bar oil and started it up. ( first pull, should have know it was going to be bad ) I gave it a little gas, it bogged down and the chain was not turning. I did all of the usual looking at it from every direction thing and could see anything wrong. I kill it grab the chain and it is STUCK!! I can't get it to move. So back to the barn, pull the bar cover only to find nothing that could be causing this. Now I am thinking the clutch must be froze up, so I pull the cover grab the cog with a set of pliers and get it to move a little, but not freely. Take a screwdriver and start working the springs on the clutch, all working fine. Check the needle bearings, all good. I am about to give up when I notice the cover around the clutch is sitting a little whompie jawed........ then it hit me! After an hour of jacking with this thing, and parts scattered everywhere I realize that some how the chain break was on. I don't know when I could have hit the guard to activate it, but that was the whole problem. All I could do was laugh at my self and carry on.

Anyone else care to share their " OMG " moments?

I feel your pain...am guilty of that once

Comment

I think that's a right of passage with chainsaws.

Comment

Too many instances to post!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          Too many instances to post!!!
          Come on now, I know you have at least one that you would share..lol

Comment

That moment when......

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
            I feel your pain...am guilty of that once

X2

I could tell that's where the story was going as I was reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by kingchip View Post
              I think that's a right of passage with chainsaws.
              That is no doubt. I've had my right of passage once before. When one get's bound up that's the first thing I check. You never forget the time you weren't smarter than your chainsaw.

Comment

That's pretty bad.

Comment

at least you figured it out. I took mine to the shop to have them tell me the break was on.

Comment

Was driving my truck yesterday and noticed my RPMs were really high! I couldn't understand why my truck wasn't shifting into OD. Pulled over, killed the truck, started back up and still high RPMs and what not. Started thinking my transmission was going out. My FIL borrowed my truck just prior to me using it so I started to text him. As I was typing out "Its as if it won't kick into overdrive" I realized the little button on the column. Fist to the head and I'm glad I didn't hit send on the text!

Comment

I was working on my clothes dryer. I spent two hours looking for the screws to put it back together. Backtracked everywhere I'd been, twice. Yup, they were in my pocket..........

Comment

Been there,done that. AL you can do is laugh at yourself

Comment

My dad and I installed a doggy door on the top end of our door leading out to the garage by accident. When people would come over and ask why we had 2 doggy doors (one on top and one on bottom) we'd just tell them the top one is for our bird.

Comment

Sometimes when target shooting I use my arrows to scratch my back. Then there was the day I was practicing with broadheads.....IWEETODID!

Comment

that's my problem all the time it like my head doesn't ever come out of my ace

Comment

Working...
                              X