Electricians help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electricians help please

So we are working on a house and trying to wire in 2 lights to run together but off of 2 switches. Turn switch on as you enter hallway both lights come on, as you exit hallway on other side flick switch and both shut off. We have 2 3 way 15 amp switches and wired it up right we think... but getting very poor current to both switches and lights wont come on. If any one has a diagram or can word it in layman’s terms it would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t give you a diagram , but, take the hot wire from panel to gold screw on one switch, need a wire on each black screw to other switch on two black screws and wire from second switch gold terminal to lights

Comment

White (neutral) goes straight to lights

Comment

There are a couple ways to wire a 3 way switch circuit. I am having trouble posting a picture tonight for some reason, but I found you a link with a couple examples.

3-way switch wiring includes diagrams of 3-way toggle switches and 3-way decora switches.
        Last edited by WTucker; 05-12-2018, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Is this a new construction or existing? If it’s existing you will have to add some wire between the switches and make some changes to the wiring going to the lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
          X