Big Thicket-Lance Rosier Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Thicket-Lance Rosier Unit

My lease is near Sour Lake but I am also going to try the LR Unit in the Big Thicket this year. Gonna spend one day this next week scouting. Not looking for honey holes but any advice or tips would be appreciated.

The biggest tip is if you want to hunt there next year is to return your harvest card on time. I went yesterday to get my permit and they said I couldn't hunt this year.

I brought a guy I work with out there yesterday to scout. He is going to hunt it full time this year. We found some good sign off of little rock rd, we also walked down the 2 pipelines off of 770. He might set up a popup there and let his kids shotgun hunt. Then we drove down teel rd and walked down the bayou and jumped a hog. We seen lots of hog sign down there.

Comment

Snakes boots! I love it out there, look for a black silverado with a cull hunters sticker and stop and say hi. Last year I didn't see a single hog but had a couple chances on deer but blew them. Get you a good climber and find some good oaks dropping acorns...

Comment

Working...
      X