WTB 2007 Truck with 5.4 Triton Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB 2007 Truck with 5.4 Triton Engine

My sister and I are wanting to buy a good used truck for our father but the one that we are looking at is a 2007 F-150 with 250,000 miles on it. It looks like it has been taken care of really well but I am not familiar with these engines. I'd like to keep the responses to only those with first hand knowledge/experiences with these trucks.

Thanks in advance,

George

I had a 2006, put 200k on it. Replacing the plugs is an adventure, takes a special tool. Had to have the Cam phasers redone at 200,000. The engine will start ticking when they need to be fixed. Was a good truck!

Comment

I picked up a 2006 loaded Lariat 4x4 f150 5.4 V8 a year or so ago with the intention to sell it while i was looking for a new truck but a year later, and I'm still driving it, by choice. It has done great and runs strong with 200k miles on it. Can pull the boat or a trailer easily if needed. Most people pay more for a ATV than i did for that truck so it'll probably get retired as a farm truck when it's all said and done.

I did replace a couple things but it was all standard type stuff that was expected and not expensive.
      *Added Level kit with 275/60/20 tires
      *New Ignition Coils & Spark Plugs
      *New Tie Rods
      *Charged AC with Freon more as Proactive measure than necessity.

I also had one of these trucks, a 2007 King Ranch F150 5.4 Triton, brand new when i was in college. Kept it for 5 years and never had an issue with it. Ran great up to the day i traded it in for a new one.
      Last edited by Fmjag64; 08-06-2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Great engines. You only need a special tool for spark plugs if you break one which isn't uncommon. I changed all mine out without breaking one with no problem though.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I'm having a friend of mine that is a Ford mechanic check it out today.

Comment

Working...
          X