Eastern Wyoming Antelope Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eastern Wyoming Antelope Advise

I'm looking at going antelope hunting in Wyoming with my father this year and am looking for advise and who all has hunted them in Wyoming before. We have 1 preference point so we will be putting in on the Eastern part of the state this year. I know there is not as much public land in this area so I wanted to see if anyone has hunted this portion of the state on public or if anyone may have private land contacts who charge a fee to hunt?

Have you checked the drawing odds for 1 PP all over the state? You might draw something a little farther west, say north of or around Laramie.
    How about the Special Draw? Opens up some more areas with good access.
    Look at this map for the Lusk area:http://www.niobraracounty.org/_depar...telope2017.pdf

Google some landowners and call them for access, sooner than later. Other counties also have landowners names on their GIS maps. Just google the county name and GIS.
    If you end up near Laramie I know the areas and can give info.

Comment

Camp at the Miracle Mile Campground on the North Platte between Seminole and Path Finder Reservoirs west of Alcova. Hunt the BLM land in that area. Great camping spot, fishing in the North Platte and normally plenty of antelope.

Comment

Don't think he'll draw any of those areas with 1 PP. However we do have great fishing in lots of spots. Some great walleye fishing east of I-25.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
          Camp at the Miracle Mile Campground on the North Platte between Seminole and Path Finder Reservoirs west of Alcova. Hunt the BLM land in that area. Great camping spot, fishing in the North Platte and normally plenty of antelope.
          Arrowsmith, which unit was that you hunted? Looks like we can draw in that area except for unit 5. We can basically draw all along the east corner of the state and a fair amount of the north central area.

Comment

Pretty sure it's 48

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbwilson View Post
              I'm looking at going antelope hunting in Wyoming with my father this year and am looking for advise and who all has hunted them in Wyoming before. We have 1 preference point so we will be putting in on the Eastern part of the state this year. I know there is not as much public land in this area so I wanted to see if anyone has hunted this portion of the state on public or if anyone may have private land contacts who charge a fee to hunt?
              Contact a mmoses on here. He and I went on an antelope hunt in Eastern WY a few years ago with a guide and it was relatively inexpensive and he may still have their contact info. Guaranteed tags and decent numbers of goats. I would highly recommend you draw for a mule deer tag as well as the season overlap and we missed an opportunity to take a STUD mule deer simply because we didn't get a tag.

Comment

I think you better check the odds from last year . 48 can not be drawn with 1 pp. Lots of areas that can but access is an issue.
                Lots of antelope talk on western hunting forums so the days of leftover and guaranteed tags are in the past.
                You'll need PP for a deer tag too.

Comment

Thanks for the advise guys. Yes wytex you are correct 48 can’t be drawn with only 1 point. I’m looking farther east and north east bc that’s where I can draw

Comment

48 can be drawn if you apply "special"...did it in 2011 with a group of 4 and we all drew and killed...totally awesome place and some great bucks ...seems like the tag was 533.00 instead of 275? Not bad for guarantee draw

Comment

Pm me if you decide to do it I can help you with some details

Comment

If your still having issues finding an area, shoot me a PM. I hunted I believe 7 a couple years ago with no PP on the special draw. And applied again this year as a group with PP.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

PM sent db
                          Swamp the draw odds have changed since you hunted 48 and 1 PP will not get a tag either type 1 or 2 in regular or special.

The 1 PP areas generally have little public land but access can be found, you may have to look for it.
                          An OnX chip is a must for Wyoming in your GPS.

Comment

wytex is right. Odds have changed quite a bit in the last two years, so five year old info doesn't work anymore, at least where I hunted. I've hunted 24,25, and 26, all private land. When I started going 10/12 years ago it was a cinch. Went again in 2016 and put in for the special because we were afraid we wouldn't draw the regular.

If you go, be prepared for the weather. It may be 90* and it may be 40* and raining. Gun hunting it doesn't make much difference. They're almost too easy to kill with a rifle. Bow hunting however, especially if you hunt water holes, it really needs to be hot and dry. Eastern Wyoming terrain doesn't lend itself to spot and stalk in most places. Good luck !

Comment

hunted up around devils tower in ne wyoming, great hunt ,lots of animals, a little confusing with all the different areas that have different season dates, be careful or have someone that knows the regs.Good luck,

Comment

Working...
                              X