Our own slice - "Los Setenta Ranch"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
    Congrats Brandon! Looks like a great place.

I assume you still have to buy an out of state license since this is not your primary residence?
    Unfortunately, yes I have to buy an out of state license. Good thing is the taxes for the property in Oklahoma are almost nothing. That was a trade off for not buying land in Texas. Taxes in Texas would be more than the license cost and the deer season in Oklahoma sets up better for the bow hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
      Unfortunately, yes I have to buy an out of state license. Good thing is the taxes for the property in Oklahoma are almost nothing. That was a trade off for not buying land in Texas. Taxes in Texas would be more than the license cost and the deer season in Oklahoma sets up better for the bow hunter.
      Good to know!

Comment

Here are some pics from the new area that we finally were able to get to. It’s a sweet looking spot, just have to figure out a way to access it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, this has been fun to watch. Happy for you and your family.

I did not see pics of the creek. Post up pics when you can. I think a workable plan to cross the creek and stay dry can be found. We may have to consult with KactusKiller but I’m sure his consulting fees are reasonable. [emoji3]

Could be a game changer.

Comment

Dang it, Booner! Haha I’d love to have that setup. Here’s the only two pics I have of that crossing.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
            Man, this has been fun to watch. Happy for you and your family.

I did not see pics of the creek. Post up pics when you can. I think a workable plan to cross the creek and stay dry can be found. We may have to consult with KactusKiller but I’m sure his consulting fees are reasonable. [emoji3]

Could be a game changer.
            I think my creek is about 20-25 ft across. I'm going to measure it while I'm there on Sunday.

Comment

AWESOME POSTING...

Just now seeing your thread....

Place is looking great.....

I live South of DFW and may need to start looking up that way for a place...

Can't wait to see more...

Comment

Originally posted by LROSE View Post
                AWESOME POSTING...

Just now seeing your thread....

Place is looking great.....

I live South of DFW and may need to start looking up that way for a place...

Can't wait to see more...

There is no time better than the present!

Comment

Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I think my creek is about 20-25 ft across. I'm going to measure it while I'm there on Sunday.
                    Get the measurments! Be accurate, cause I know of a connex for sale cheap and it’s close

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                      Get the measurments! Be accurate, cause I know of a connex for sale cheap and it’s close

[emoji23] I will get em on Sunday.

Comment

Well, I quickly realized on Sunday that I wasn't going to get everything I had planned on getting done, done. We mowed the main road, front camp/gate area, and one trail through the woods. I went down the the bottoms to grab a feeder that was left here when we bought the place and the timer box was full of wasps. I didn't have any wasp spray on me so that plan to move that feeder and fill it went out the door until next time. I didn't get to spray any of my food plot areas so I'll have to go back another weekend. Pulled cards on the two cameras and filled the power line feeder. I don't have any deer that excite me yet. A handful of does, two fawns, and 1 small buck. The pigs have taken over the feeder and I really need to get them out of the area so the deer start hitting it.

Booner, I measured my creek crossing...I'm going to have to build a bridge of some sort. Its about 23' of water to cross. I probably need closer to a 30' bridge to get all the way across on dry land. I'm not sure what I'm going to do or how I'm going to build a bridge of that size yet. I know I can't get a shipping container back in there. It's too narrow of a pathway down there to that crossing.

Posting some pics now

Comment

No, I don’t own a bull. Guess he got out from a neighboring property. He was at my feeder for 3 days the disappeared.

Well she’s the only deer that even looked at the feeder before the pigs took over.

Then big boy in the back left showed up.

Any thoughts on how much he weighs?

Found the deer over in my wife’s spot she named queens landing. Not much for bucks over here, but have 2 does, 2 fawns, and 1 small buck.

Comment

Looking good buddy! That boar is a beast!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
                                Looking good buddy! That boar is a beast!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                                Thanks man! That boar is not one I want to walk in on in the dark. I hope to run them off so I can really see the deer that are there. I know there are more than 5 deer on my place. Just gotta run these hogs out and hopefully I'll get to see them.

Comment

Working...
                                X