Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
    Im fairly certain we are gtg. there's 750 permits lol

Wow. Do they put you in stands or is it compartment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I drew Antlerless/Spike at Kickapoo Caverns SP (12/17-12/19)…..first time to draw for me on anything.

Anyone ever hunted there before that wants to give me some feedback on what to expect? I have hunted just south of there quite a bit so guessing it is pretty similar terrain.

Thanks.

Comment

Youth drawings going on now, not in alphabetical order apparently...
        Last edited by bossbowman; 08-17-2018, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
          A lot of folks here started applying "in the new system" and got drawn, so they think it's great.
          But, in the old system, where you had to put your ONE egg into ONE basket, the odds of getting drawn were sooooooooooooo much better, unless you put in for the high end places like the Chap.
          I haven't drawn a hunt in the new system yet, whereas I drew a hunt every 2 or 3 years in the old.
          Exact same scenario for me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mhunter6 View Post
            My wife and I drew Garner sp Jan. 9-11. Who all has had luck there before?

IDK but the archery hunt does not have a good sucess rate.

Comment

My son drew deer Either Sex at Colorado Bend SP?

Anyone have any advice/feedback for that hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                Exact same scenario for me as well.
                Yep, we drew frequently under the old system.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  IDK but the archery hunt does not have a good sucess rate.

It’s the rifle exotic. Archery exotic deadline hasn’t happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                    Yes! Which hunt date did you draw? I got DEc 7-11

There was 750 permits for Laguna last year so we should all be safe haha
                    November 16-20

Comment

I stand corrected, my daughters drew Kickapoo caverns gde, they never have drawn before. I grew up near there when I was their age so I’ll get to show them bracketville where I spent my younger yrs.
                      Hope the hunting is good also!
                      Pretty excited for them....and me. Gonna be fun regardless of the hunting.

Comment

Heartbroken, no LANWR for me, God I hope 2nd Pending pulls through.

1 for 39. Aransas NWR, Its been 16 years since I've been there. Going to be a tough, hot hunt with mosquitos the size of nilgai.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                          Heartbroken, no LANWR for me, God I hope 2nd Pending pulls through.

1 for 39. Aransas NWR, Its been 16 years since I've been there. Going to be a tough, hot hunt with mosquitos the size of nilgai.
                          But heck you got drawn for something and after last yr getting drawn for 2 hunts I’d say that’s pretty good and there is still hunts to go.

Comment

4 hunts, gus, lanwr, nannie, chap.

I glad I got something, I consider Aransas NWR the bottom of the barrel though. Stupid hard hunt, but that's where I the skills get put to the test. I'll make it happen there too.
                            Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            But heck you got drawn for something and after last yr getting drawn for 2 hunts I’d say that’s pretty good and there is still hunts to go.
                            Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and my son drew javaline Las Palomas WMA - Longoria Unit jan

Comment

My kids and myself were 0/8 on today's draws. Maybe on the next round we'll be more successful.

Comment

Working...
                                X