Overhead UTV Gun racks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone use them? Do they keep your firearms pretty secure? Do they mar the finish any?

I'm currently using one of the old soft sided two gun cases. It's about 12 years old and the interior fabric is tearing, mice have gotten in the pockets, etc. It's time to upgrade.

I'm looking at either the Big Sky UTV roof rack or the bed mounted Kolpin gun boot with the 6.0 boots.

The overhead rack would give me quicker access when driving aournd the lease, I'm just afraid the guns will get covered in west Texas dust, finish marred on the stocks and their ability to hold the guns over rough, rocky terrain.

Fallowing this. I haven’t found anything I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have one. It’s ok, but needed some foam to keep the gun from bouncing around. It’s tight around the end near the trigger but loose on the barrel end without the foam. And the gun will get dusty too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
        Fallowing this.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
          I have one. It’s ok, but needed some foam to keep the gun from bouncing around. It’s tight around the end near the trigger but loose on the barrel end without the foam. And the gun will get dusty too.

That's kinda what I was afraid of. I've been leaning towards the gun boot method. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
            Quite a fallowing there dude !

Comment

I’m still happy with my Seizmik.
              I noticed they were dusty after our Arkansas trip. so yes dust will get to the guns up there.

Here are the same pictures I posted a few months ago on the same topic-

The business ends stares at you or your passenger when loading up to ride.

I’ve carried a different gun with a narrower handguard and it fit better than the one pictured.

Last edited by DaveC; 07-19-2018, 04:59 PM.

Comment

The boy's and I have several different mounts but unless you keep it in a case, it's going to get dusty. After time the rubber guards are just useless particularly in the heat of summer.

I know, just Kuma again...but I will NEVER invest in another mount for a UTV. If my son's want to spend the $$, that's their choice. I find it easy to just lay whatever I'm shooting in my lap...got it down to a science and no problems with access or getting it banged up. Works for me..but again...just me.

Comment

My wife bought me one and it uses a allthread to Mount from one side of the cab to the other side. It will get loose and fall out no matter how tight you get it. Used it a few months and it’s sitting in the shed. It would be way better if it hard mounted to the roof or roll bar some how

Comment

Went with the Seizmik like DaveC and glad that I did. Very stable and the rifles do not move (even AR’s). Still can get dusty but overall happy happy.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post

In my defense it was 197 degrees when I posted that. But good catch guys.

Comment

I got one of the ones that straps into the middle seat held in place by the seatbelt and love it. Our ranger is a lakhouse cruiser in the off season/ non hunting weekends so it's nice to have something easily removable.

Comment

I use the Big Sky 2 Gun mount and really like it. Guns are stored out of the way without taking usable space. Never had an issue with guns bouncing around on ride.

Comment

Working...
                          X