X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is getting good.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
      Why is that deer bleeding high above its tail area?
      Bow hunter, not rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
        If they were here already I would !
        And if you got caught, you'd get a big ol ticket with a bunch of restitution to pay.....trust me! That fact that we may not agree with all of the game laws, doesn't make it right not to follow them.

Big deer will always be more interesting, I'm guessing there weren't a lot of 6 points standing next to all those 160s you shot....or you'd have just shot them, right? Meat's better on them young ones anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          I didn't see the original thread, when was the last time someone had a "legal" story?

Why is it weird? The law thinks the guy screwed up enough that they've had the deer for a couple weeks....if he's guilty, he's guilty. If he's not, he's not. Nothing here is gonna change that...speculation happens every day about many subjects. This situation clearly will draw speculation. I personally don't see the point in deleting threads about it, short of personal attacks. It's not my call though, I'm sure Michael has his reasons.
          Nobody has had a factual story...it's all hearsay, but obviously leaning one way. Yeah, it will come out so I'm not concerned about knowing the ends.

I'm just being a wimp I reckon...the boss doesn't comment much, but I can read enough into it (since the others got whacked) that a limit may being close to breached. IMO having a member's character raked across the coals in such an exposed case just seems awkward.

Wouldn't want to see myself or you in this position...I don't know, it will work itself out regardless.

Comment

Well at least ONE of the poachers on this thread has confessed! ��

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
              I disagree. This was a world class deer hunted legally by others. It was a deer that would go down in history, a deer that would generate revenue from replicas, photos, story's, books, and even sold for tens of thousands for just the mount.

Some of you don't get how serious THIS deer is.
              You hit the nail on the head, and whether right or wrong the state is going to do their d@mnedest to make an example of the hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                a good portion of the discussion on this website revolves around deer with big horns. The vast majority of its members are obsessed with deer with big horns. It's not shocking at all that many members are currently getting "all stupid" about this buck. It's the buck of a lifetime (many lifetimes, actually), and there are several people on here that knew about this buck well before it was killed. If it was a 120-inch buck, nobody would be making a big deal about it, because 90% of us have killed deer like that. But it's not. And to hear that it was possibly (probably) taken illegally is a big deal to most hunters, especially those who follow the rules and can only dream of a shot at a deer that size. To dismiss it as "just some deer" would be like comparing wrecking your '92 Honda Accord to wrecking a '65 Shelby Mustang because "they're both just cars."
                I guess I just don't give enough of a care about a dang deer anymore. They eat my peas and my wife's flowers and after my last MLD hunt I dread skinning another one.

Comment

271" buck

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                  There is still time to make things right with the Lord and turn your dad in if he is still with us. It's up to the GW whether they prosecute or not. It's the Law of the land. If my dad robbed a bank when I was a kid I'd have a hard time not letting a LEO know about it.

I hunted robins as a kid so I guess I'm going to hell.

Judas Priest's official music video for 'Breaking The Law'. Listen to Judas Priest: https://JudasPriest.lnk.to/listenYDSubscribe to the official Judas Priest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Black Ice; 10-24-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

And if you got caught, you'd get a big ol ticket with a bunch of restitution to pay.....trust me! That fact that we may not agree with all of the game laws, doesn't make it right not to follow them.

Big deer will always be more interesting, I'm guessing there weren't a lot of 6 points standing next to all those 160s you shot....or you'd have just shot them, right? Meat's better on them young ones anyway...
                    Dale, I'm not saying I wasn't ever in the crew, I'm just looking at it as a someone who has been around the block and has realized that it's just a deer...with 4 legs, and two backstraps...and I shot the biggest ones I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                      Well at least ONE of the poachers on this thread has confessed! ��
                      I'll confess, and I have the receipts to prove it....at least all they took was a mess of birds... Very expensive birdss...

Comment

I'll confess, and I have the receipts to prove it....at least all they took was a mess of birds... Very expensive birdss...
                        All I lost was a Marlin 22 Magnum. The warden did say it was one of the best shots he had ever seen....just wished he hadn't been hidden on the side of the road watching cause that was the most accurate 22 mag I have ever owned. Regretted losing that rifle for 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                          Dale, I'm not saying I wasn't ever in the crew, I'm just looking at it as a someone who has been around the block and has realized that it's just a deer...with 4 legs, and two backstraps...and I shot the biggest ones I saw.
                          A Texas state record, low fence, typical.....will never be "just a deer" to the public. And ol boy made it public.

It's almost a 100% certainty that the public hasn't seen the current state record, low fence, typical....because that ol boy didn't make it public.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                            I am just saying to confess it and come clean. There's a 99 % chance the GW says thank you and doesn't do anything. Would you sleep better tonight? Yes or no? A sin is a sin no matter how big or small.
                            Your 5th post was nowhere near as good as your 4th.

Comment

A Texas state record, low fence, typical.....will never be "just a deer" to the public. And ol boy made it public.

It's almost a 100% certainty that the public hasn't seen the current state record, low fence, typical....because that ol boy didn't make it public.
                              You know we didn't have these discussions 25 years ago when we just shot deer and all our buddies at school asked about on Monday morning was how many points he had or how much he weighed.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                                Wow.. 50k plus!!!! That's serious jack...

And now there is another deer in question???
                                Any pics of said buck?
                                Some of his other big deer pics are floating around here somewhere, start with a search of his username...

Comment

Working...
                                X