Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Sharkathon 1st place shark division!!!! Finally!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Sharkathon 1st place shark division!!!! Finally!!

Well folks here it is....

My 2017 Sharkathon 1st place shark division catch and story.

This was my fifth year fishing sharkathon and I must say that I knew one day my name would get called at the awards ceremony but I never expected to win 1st in the shark division and for sure not this soon. This tourney brings out the best of the best so its a very tough tourney. The lord blessed me with this catch and it was a good one. So many things went wrong with this catch like getting cut off as soon as I got back to the beach from dropping the bait. I had 15 min of light and decided I was going to go retie, that required camp lights for me to make it back to camp cause it was so dark. Then while the fish was only 100 yards out I accidentally free spooled the reel causing a big backlash. My heart sank but the fish stayed on somehow. Once on the waters edge Andrew (Canoe1) made quick work tail roping it and between him and Brandon (Breezy) it was pulled to the sand. Finally the massive bull was all mine. After all that went on to get it to the sand with only two fingers and no tools required I pulled the hook out of its mouth. Wow!! We all quickly did work to get her measured, tagged and safely released. Thank you lord. Some things are just meant to be and this was one of them.

Thank you to Brandon Brezina, Andrew Nelson, my lovely wife Mel who is always by my side and in this case took all the required photos.

So i'll say it again. Here is my 2017 Sharkathon 1st place shark division winning catch.

96" bull shark with a massive 51" girth.

Sharkathon awarded me with a $20k check, a bad *** custom rod with an Avet 80w and a sweet Native kayak. Total winnings estimating around $23k. Super blessed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 23,000$ shark is never a bad thing

Congrats!

Comment

Atta boy!!!

Comment

hell yeah! i grew up doing this stuff i need to get back in to it! thats a giant bull

Comment

Awesome deal right there, congrats on winning!

Comment

Congrats Ray!

Comment

Congrats again Poco. That fish is a beauty.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, looks like a ton of fun.

Comment

Congratulations on the shark & 1st place. Looks like you had a great crew & time

Comment

That’s fantastic. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats! I got to do this type of fishing one of these days before I die! Bucket list item!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats Poco!! That's a bad was tournament to win

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Big congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X