Javelina in Stonewall County???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javelina in Stonewall County???

Got a few pictures today of what look like Javelina? What do you guys think?
    Attached Files

I'm no expert but that sure looks like it to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d say so.

Comment

Looks like them to me. I'm no expert either but I did stay at a Holiday Express.

Comment

Yup

Comment

Stonewall county is not known for having Javelina and we’ve owned this property for almost two years and this is the first pictures we have got of them. Any other guys in Stonewall county seeing any?

Comment

I’ve seen them on the river north of aspermont. From what I understand they are fairly common in that area. Just so you know, they are a game animal, and I don’t think there is a open season for them in stonewall county.

Comment

I've seen a couple in recent years near my house on the edge of Abilene. Heard of several sightings in and around this area. My dad saw some near Caprock Canyons State Park a few years ago. You're between Abilene and Quitaque, so they could be there too. Looks like javis in the pics to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                  I’ve seen them on the river north of aspermont. From what I understand they are fairly common in that area. Just so you know, they are a game animal, and I don’t think there is a open season for them in stonewall county.
                  We are on the river, our north boundary line is the river and we are close to 83.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    I've seen a couple in recent years near my house on the edge of Abilene. Heard of several sightings in and around this area. My dad saw some near Caprock Canyons State Park a few years ago. You're between Abilene and Quitaque, so they could be there too. Looks like javis in the pics to me.
                    I saw my first one this year around Quitaque I suspect probably pretty close to where you saw yours.
                    I saw a group coming into Aspermont on the east side of town once. Probably 10
                    -12 years ago so they are there and I agree on the photo.

Comment

Yep. I been watching a group in Woodson for a few years. Started with 3, seen 9 this February

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                        I saw my first one this year around Quitaque I suspect probably pretty close to where you saw yours.
                        I saw a group coming into Aspermont on the east side of town once. Probably 10
                        -12 years ago so they are there and I agree on the photo.
                        Dad saw them on 256 pretty close to where 29 comes out, just east of where 256 goes up the Cap (A little west of Luther's big wheat field). I wasn't with him. He said there was 20-30 of them in the bar ditches on both sides of the highway.

Comment

We are on the salt fork and had them 10 years ago or so, but haven’t seen them since then.

Comment

We have them in Cottle-Foard county

Comment

They were planted in some north Texas counties in the 80s and are spreading. We had some last year in Wise county.

Comment

Working...
                              X