Adding Leather to Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Leather to Vehicle

Just bought a newer vehicle with cloth seats. I'd like to get leather, but not sure if I want to go with factory, or aftermarket like Katskinz.

Any recommendations?

Live in the Rowlett area

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by firemanjj82; 05-04-2020, 10:20 PM.

I plan on going with katskinz in my megacab. I know a few folks that have them and they love them and they sure seem more durable than factory leather.

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
      Just bought a newer vehicle with cloth seats. I'd like to get leather, but not sure if I want to go with factory, or aftermarket like Katskinz.

Any recommendations?

Live in the Rowlett area

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just can’t see doing leather after the fact. I’ve thought about it but never wanted to spend the money once I bought the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After 13 years my F-250 Lariat perforated leather seats decided to play”connect the dots”. I covered them with with Wet Okole neoprene seat covers for a few years until the seams started ripping. A few friends showed me their truck’s Katskinz replacement leather. It only cost me $1050 to get the front buckets and rear bench re-covered. I’d use who Katskinz recommends in your area to get them installed. It took me about half an hour to pick just the right swatch to go with. I’m more than pleased with them.

Comment

My son has Katskins. The look better than factory.

Comment

Eventually I will upgrade my 2019 Megacab to katskinz

Comment

I have katskinz in my truck.
              Imo they are not as good as factory leather

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                I have katskinz in my truck.
                Imo they are not as good as factory leather

First person I have heard say this.

Comment

Clazzio is the one im looking at. A couple buddies have them and I would've sworn they were factory seats.

Clazzio Seat Covers are the most affordable way to upgrade your seats to leather. Most Trusted Online Dealer of Clazzio Seat Covers

Comment

If you don't have cooled seats then I would stay away from leather, unless you like a wet back.

Comment

I added the Katskinz to my 2018 XLT F150 and could not be happier. They are holding up well and no issues. I had the dealership put them in prior to me buying it. I think it was $1300 or so...

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        First person I have heard say this.
                        I second this.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                          If you don't have cooled seats then I would stay away from leather, unless you like a wet back.
                          you are thinking vinyl....

Comment

I recently bought a Tundra and added Katskinz. I really like it so far, plus it has a lifetime warranty.

Comment

I am not a fan of leather. That being said, I would find a new car being parted out and buy the seats.

I order my wife an Expedition several years back. I ordered cloth. When it got to the dealer it had leather(dealer's mistake). I asked them to swap out the seats with a truck on the lot and they said "no" and offered a discount to take the leather.

I cover my seats with the Carhart style seat covers anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X