No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a daddy daughter weekend in Port A. Caught small shark and a personal best, 25”, 7 lb trout. Great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lck90 View Post
      Had a daddy daughter weekend in Port A. Caught small shark and a personal best, 25”, 7 lb trout. Great weekend!

Congrats to you & your Daughter! Making life long memories!

Comment

Dang! A 7# 25" trout is a football.

Congrats!

Comment

Who's in the surf?

I may make a run Monday or Tuesday morning

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Who's in the surf?

I’m going to give it a go on Surfside in the morning I think. Probably just throw some live shrimp, my FIL will be with me.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
              I’m going to give it a go on Surfside in the morning I think. Probably just throw some live shrimp, my FIL will be with me.
              Couple guys from work going in the morning. Mrs Q has me working like a Hebrew slave this weekend. I may need a day of rest at work before I fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Who's in the surf?

I saw Matt was fishing it this morning. Maybe he'll give an update.

Comment

Well guys we gave it hell yesterday caught a bunch of fish but a bunch of small guys.

We entered a 21lb stinger in but just didn’t cut it big stringer was 25.xx I knew with the reds we had we couldn’t make it but he’ll we did ok.

If we would have entered just our big trout and just our big red in their classes we would have had 1800$

Comment

I took ol’ Flex in the surf this morning to show him trout actually exist there. Lol. We caught a bunch. Lots of dinks, bluefish and ladyfish. The bluefish were BAD! We went through almost 4 packs of DSL’s. We strung 8. We messed around with topwaters this morning, probably should have just went with plastics right off the bay and we would have limited easy. I didn’t get a pic but maybe he’ll post one. Some good sized fish out there mixed in too. Guys with bait were killing them.

Comment

Was there a lot of weed in surf this morning?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well we found some this am! Panhandle took me out and we caught a few! Apparently they do exist! Haha

Fun times for sure!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice Flex and Phillip! Sounds like a LOT of re-tieing... been there!

Chris still not a bad stringer amigo! Sounds like y'all still found the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post
                            Threw down a deposit on this boat yesterday. Should be ready in a month. Swapped the Suzuki for a Yamaha SHO.

Very nice! Bet you’re anxious to get it 👍

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                              Guy caught one locally here the other day that was 29 7/8 and weighed 10-2
                              It may have hit 10, I'm not saying it is impossible. I'm telling you though over many, many trout my numbers are accurate. You'll have to catch a whole lot of 29" trout before you will find a 9-10#er in June.

Comment

Fished Surfside Access 4 this AM. Water nice, not too rough. Could not get a bite on plastic other than bluefish or sharks. Ended up with 2 keepers & a big whiting on shrimp. Several throwbacks. Guys on both sides of me had croaker. They weren't killing them ,but everything they had were keepers. 1 had his limit & 1 had 3 that I know of.

Comment

Working...
                                X