No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crod hooky is not allowed for the dude that brings the pork to camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
      Crod hooky is not allowed for the dude that brings the pork to camp.
      OK ok....LOL

Comment

When Rat and I pick the weekend it is more a pull a date out of the air. Next year it may be a different weekend than this year. We look into the crystal ball and try to hit a weekend it isn't snowing or raining.

Comment

Well I hope looking at your balls works as well next year. This year the weather was perfect for camping.

Comment

Is there any reason you couldn't do the ranger hunt before the heli hunt next year?

Comment

Prior to the Helio hunt might be good. That would push it to January I think. Then we would only get true Granger Rangers. Probably not snow, but you'll need an extra blankie.

Dirtymike; I'd like to get up there and hunt Pecan grove I'll let you know if it pans out.

Comment

It would have to be after all deer hunting is done and before the heli shoot... But then the fishing would be much harder also so you guys may starve LOL.

Comment

Thanks for this thread, very informative.

Comment

We do it end of Feb first of March for fishing reasons. Unless we have Crodd next year and a $50 bill on the table

It will always be end of Feb first part of March. Set your calendar for next year.

Comment

Better fishing is a good back-up to pork in the fryer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                        We do it end of Feb first of March for fishing reasons. Unless we have Crodd next year and a $50 bill on the table

It will always be end of Feb first part of March. Set your calendar for next year.
                        Ill be there next year...Ill be willing to put some money in a pool for that fifty dollars and maybe some friendly shooting competitions!!

Comment

I'll plan on it and perhaps bring a son.

Comment

It is on my to do list for next year. About to head out. Wife is taking the camera so this trip I am sure to kill a hog. Just need to leave the skinning knife in the truck and I will be set to kill something for sure. We'll see?

Comment

I seem to have lost my touch. Where are the pigs at Granger? I covered the whole primitive camp area and did not even see much sign..anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                                I seem to have lost my touch. Where are the pigs at Granger? I covered the whole primitive camp area and did not even see much sign..anywhere.
                                They are not where they were last year. Alot of stump kickin now.

Comment

Working...
                                X