No announcement yet.

Things I have learned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's definitely not. I probably am for now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonna post the two videos again for those that did not see them. The first video is out of a ground blind at 14 yards. That buck did not duck very much but he backed up just enough to put the shot forward. I purposely took the shot when he was next to the feeder so he couldn't roll away from me. The second video buck was just a freakin ninja!https://vimeo.com/188852704https://vimeo.com/188852856

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

I hate Tapatalk! Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
            That buck did not duck very much but he backed up just enough to put the shot forward. I purposely took the shot when he was next to the feeder so he couldn't roll away from me.
            I watched the video again and I see what you meant by him backing up. And now it makes complete sense. He was boxed in and he knew it and is only escape was to backup.

I've always been a believer (even if not backed up by facts) that deer will likely flinch/run towards where they know safety is. That is, if they are facing where they came from, they will likely lunge forward.. if they are facing away from where they came, they will likely roll/turn. So far, for ever deer I have flung an arrow at, they have ran off from the direction they came and made that initial move in the same direction. That being said, I don't aim differently based on that. A roll or a lunge forward still dictates a low/tight aiming point. I mean, they may have come in from the right, but they may have circled in from the left to get there.

Comment

I'm so jealous. I wish we had axis around like that.

Comment

Those are both great freaking shots. By that I mean you did not choke under pressure and whiff on the release and followthrough. You made the perfect shot angles but just got delivered some bad luck when they left your riser.
                I hope to keep it together that well when my opportunity at an axis buck is standing that close in front of me.

Comment

On the second video - let it load then put your thumb on the scroll ball to toggle back and forth at the time of impact and watch all of the other deer in the video hit the deck! Most of them go belly to the ground at the sound of commotion and one of them to the right of the feeder does the duck and roll. Incredible video clip to study ober and over.

Comment

I shot my 27 deer with my self bow set up this past week end. My bow shoots 139 fps and I am 10 feet away and 16ft up with my shots. I see them do all kind of moves and they have my respect. I aim low below the arm pit and most of the time get a good shot. Sometimes it goes under and sometimes over but sometimes you get your deer. I think letting them relax before the shot helps if you have time to do this. As slow as my bow is there is hope for all who shoot TRAD. keep hunting it will come together for you. Also a quite bow helps a lot. That my 2 cents that and a dollar 80 will get you a cup of coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by widdler View Post
                      I shot my 27 deer with my self bow set up this past week end. My bow shoots 139 fps and I am 10 feet away and 16ft up with my shots. I see them do all kind of moves and they have my respect. I aim low below the arm pit and most of the time get a good shot. Sometimes it goes under and sometimes over but sometimes you get your deer. I think letting them relax before the shot helps if you have time to do this. As slow as my bow is there is hope for all who shoot TRAD. keep hunting it will come together for you. Also a quite bow helps a lot. That my 2 cents that and a dollar 80 will get you a cup of coffee.
                      You shot a deer this past weekend, and there is no pic in the trad harvest thread???????

Bisch

Comment

I'm working on the quieting. I just hope the wind is right tomorrow for my pop up. One of the good things about a blind is it really help keep the sound down.

Comment

I was in Del RIO with the boss man and I shot a six point small rack but a big body deer. So I am happy after taking nothing last year. It took a while to find him and by the time we got him back to camp we were in a hurry to clean him. We did not think about pictures. I will take a picture of the head today and post it. Time for the processor and some good ole deer sausage.

Comment

Working...
                          X