Well, I’m a mess today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved my boy into his college dorm today. He had to report a week early for college soccer. He’ll be playing for UMHB in Belton. Very proud of him and the young man he is becoming, but dang those allergies were bad driving South!

Dropped mine off last week for the second year. The dust doesn’t clear up the second year either. I’m going to need counseling when the daughter leaves in 2 years

Comment

You’re a good man Aaron.

Comment

I know the allergies you speak of. I got them bad when I dropped off each of my kids.

My baby boy left for his senior year at college 2 weeks ago and I realized he will probably never be back at our house except as a visitor. Allergies about killed me.....

Comment

Dropped my baby girl off last week at OU. It was a long lonely ride home. Wish I thought of those allergies to explain the eye redness.

Comment

I know the feeling....when I dropped my last one off and started the drive home, it was raining outside the FJ and POURING inside the FJ! I still miss the time with my boys at home....and it's been a few years!

Comment

Man we did that last year!! Them tears are proud ones!

Comment

I feel for you. Dropping mine off Sunday for his fresh year. It’s gonna be a brutal ride home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been there, but....when they come home the first summer you can’t wait for them to go back to college. They’re independent, snarky, filthy, uncouth pigs that aren’t fit for real life. College kids are a pain in the ***.

My wife cried and cried when our first two left. Then they came home to visit and forgot their raising and left their messes everywhere and mama had to line them out pretty quick.

Once they’re on their own, they are never the same.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Once we got used to washing half as many clothes, not buying nearly as much food, and having a clean house all the time, going where we wanted when we wanted, etc. our allergies cleared up really quick. But it was tough at first.

Comment

Make that drive Sunday to drop off my son at Sam Houston. Proud of the young man he has become but not ready for the first born to leave. I know the dust will be heavy that day as well. Guess we all have to reflect on the great jobs we did as parents and allow them to grow into fine adults and pursue what life has to offer them. At least that is what I keep telling myself. Not sure how my wife will handle all of this lol.

Comment

Dropping my daughter off at Texas State this weekend. Going to be a long ride back to Dallas. Not looking forward to it.

Comment

Dang it, I don't like this thread.

Bringing the kiddo back up Saturday for her 2nd year.

Just got used to her being back home again.

I just tell myself this is a long mission trip.

Comment

Youngest boy is playing baseball in college, moved him in around June for early workouts for his Freshman year. Wife has been struggling for sure, allergies have been bad around here for her.

Comment

We just had our fifth and final child graduate and move to Austin (from Houston) for his first job.

You just have to keep telling yourself, this is what you have raised them up to become and so far you and they are successful. Say it again and again and again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X