No announcement yet.

Nephew put a dent in my pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask yourself which is more important. The nephew or the truck. Then proceed.

Comment

Post up a pic. I have used a toilet plunger to pop some dents out. Hot water rub down, toilet plunger & wahla, good as new.

Comment

Awesome, now you can actually use it and work out of it!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
          My point exactly. Need to buy you a beer sometime. Now we are starting a Houston office, I’m down here a lot.

Do you ever post anything that I disagree with?

**** Jake! Y’all get a room! [emoji12][emoji51]

Personally, when I broke something or damaged a vehicle, House, ac unit, trailer, boat, lost a tool, burnt a hole in the carpet, etc. I had to work it off to pay for it. Learned a lot from those experiences. Like mentioned above, I wouldn’t sweat it at all, but he would be working it off at 50-100/hr!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Hahahaha....I know. My daughter ran the handbrake on the handlebars of her bicycle down the side of my last pickup on the second day I owned it. All the way to the metal on the passenger door. She cried and all I could say was "Trucks are supposed to have scratches".
            Trucks are supposed to have scratches and kids are supposed to be outside.

Comment

Do you ever post anything that I disagree with?
              This^^^^!

Comment

Darn kids!! I can’t give you much crap because I’m just about the same way. Trucks aren’t “tools” for me, they drive me back and forth to work so I keep them in awesome shape. If one of my nieces did that I’d be mad but they’d bat their eyes at me once and I’d be over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                  pantless dent repair
                  Do do you not wear pants while the repair is being done or is the guy doing the dent removal porky pigging it? Either way it sounds entertaining as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    Aww man, c'mon. Little boy on a bicycle put a dent in your pickup....you'll survive. At least he was riding a bike outside like a boy.
                    Exactly how many more truck will you own, that little boy grows up once.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                      Cars and trucks don’t mean much to me. My nephew does that I’d give him grief and that’s it. Accidents happen. I wouldn’t lose one second of sleep over it

This 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                        Thats why I buy used so they have some scratches and dents
                        Now that's just lazy. Your missing out on so much.

Comment

To all you folks telling the OP trucks are supposed to have dents and scratches; let me know next time you buy a brand new truck. I'll stop over and put a nice dent or scratch in it for you. Then we'll see if you change your tune .

I think being bummed is understandable. It's not like he said he took a belt to the boy. He just came here to vent a little.

For the record I would never ask family to fix something like that. If I couldn't live with it I would pay to have it fixed myself. I wouldn't cause drama over it.
                          Last edited by stickbowcoop; 08-06-2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Let it go. It's a kid. A dent gives it character

Comment

Just because trucks get dents, and he didn't mean to, and at least he's outside...doesn't man he shouldn't be taught to be careful around other people's stuff. I'm not saying he should have to pay you 600$ by any means...but it's a great chance to teach him to respect other people's property without making it a huge deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                                To all you folks telling the OP trucks are supposed to have dents and scratches; let me know next time you buy a brand new truck. I'll stop over and put a nice dent or scratch in it for you. Then we'll see if you change your tune .

I think being bummed is understandable. It's not like he said he took a belt to the boy. He just came here to vent a little.

For the record I would never ask family to fix something like that. If I couldn't live with it I would pay to have it fixed myself. I wouldn't cause drama over it.
                                Were talking about kids ya know the ones that would commit accidental suicide if you didn’t keep a close eye on them 24/7 little different than someone that knows better or being dumb. Apples and oranges

Comment

Working...
                                X