Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another great Life and Liberty Outdoors hunt!! LDP’s.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another great Life and Liberty Outdoors hunt!! LDP’s.

We had another great hunt out at the ranch this weekend with a couple of awesome kids. Collier and Megan were our guests this weekend, but this hunt was a little different than the usual ones. We sold a hunt at our fundraising banquet in January that was for two blackbuck, one for the buyer and one for one of our young hunters to join him. One of our longtime supporters bought the hunt and we set the dates. Tim, the buyer, told me that he wanted his son, Sam, to come along to hunt the blackbuck and hang out with the kid they sponsored. Collier was the kiddo we had in mind for this hunt, so plans were set and we contacted another young girl, Megan, to come hunt as well. Megan came to us through another foundation we work with. She was in Texas from North Carolina to hunt blackbuck with them and we arranged for her to come hunt an axis with us after she killed her blackbuck. Everyone arrived Friday and we got on the axis ASAP since Megan had a plane to catch early Sunday. We saw several nice bucks, but never got a shot. Collier got in late Friday so he just did some window shopping and got ready for the Saturday morning hunt. I took Collier along with Tim and Sam and we headed out to show Collier around the next morning. When we sold the hunt, we listed it as two blackbuck, but I told Collier if he wanted something other than blackbuck, that would be ok. We looked over some axis, mouflon, several aoudad and oryx. As we turned a corner at one of the fishing lakes, he spotted a big water buffalo and asked if he could shoot it. I told him I was good with it and the plan was set. We headed in for breakfast and to get a bigger gun. On the way in we got the call that Megan had shot her axis. We went to help with that recovery and grabbed something to eat. The biggest rifle I had at the ranch was a 7 mag so we double checked the zero and headed out. Finding the buffalo wasn’t a problem, but they didn’t like us closing in and took off. After a few stalks, we finally had a shot and Collier hammered her. Surprisingly, she dropped at the shoulder shot and was dead within seconds. We took some pictures and got to work caping that monster. After I finished, it was on to get Sam’s blackbuck. They weren’t cooperating so we went in for an early dinner with the plan to let it cool down. Right before dark we got on a great 22” blackbuck and Sam made a great shot. I was happy he got a great animal because he and his dad have been great supporters of our group since we got started. We couldn’t do what we do without them. Sorry for the long winded post. Here are the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some fine trophys

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Great animals. Congrats to all.

Comment

Very cool weekend right there!!!!

Comment

congrats to all!

Comment

Thanks for supporting youth hunters. If God ever blesses me with land I would like to do the same.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Incline View Post
                Thanks for supporting youth hunters. If God ever blesses me with land I would like to do the same.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                We enjoy it more than they do. We’ve been blessed and have met some great kids and vets since we started this deal.

Comment

Working...
                X