No announcement yet.

Why discuss, argue, debate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have on open mind you might learn something. It was here that I learned that cooperation from both the legislature and the executive branch almost always costs us (the taxpayers) money. Every election since I realized the truth in this I’ve hoped that no one party will control all three (house, senate and president).

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      I always figured the people doing the most of arguing and debating spend the fewest days in the woods each year.

People are so mad about the world they live it based off of things they're reading online they've forgotten to just go live. When you're out living a lot of these things just don't matter(yes I know there are things happening we should all be worried about for the future).
      I drank from a garden hose and my momma called me in to eat and if I don’t eat
      I died. I went in school and respect and I fought my teacher outside. I went to church both ways and I said pledge of allegiance before momma ate and the street lamps came own. I drank from the hose whip my butt with a switch. I believe letters typed own Microsoft word are government docs like
      And share. BET this want eveN get one like or share please share

Comment

I’ll be honest. I can’t pick on Curt & his love for McRibs. I had one awhile back and it wasn’t bad at all

Comment

I enjoy the exchange of ideas and opinions on TBH. I tend to gloss over those who argue for sake of arguing.
          I’m not very eloquent and am pretty set in my ways, but there are many on this site who’s perspective and wordsmithing abilities help me to formulate my ideas into words and also see things from different angles.
          I appreciate the good debate.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Yes, you are wasting your time with them. But not with people on the fence.

Again, not trying to change someone's mind that's already made up. Trying to help anyone listening to make the right choice.
            I understand and agree with that as well. I guess my question is do you believe that there are really that many people on the fence anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
              I understand and agree with that as well. I guess my question is do you believe that there are really that many people on the fence anymore?
              Yes, on certain topics. Liberal versus Conservative - no.

But I've learned one thing over the last 3 months and that is there are MANY more TBHers who do not post and share their thoughts for fear of being dog piled. More than I ever imagined.

So when you see a thread like HF/LF, crossbow, Q, or any other where one side is bashed you can be sure many many more agree/disagree but are not posting. TBH does a good job of making it appear most are on one side when that's not the case.

Sorry that was a tad off the rails LOL

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why discuss, argue, debate?

Arguing, debating, etc also helps us test the reasoning of our own opinions and perspectives. How can we know if we are on point or full of BS if all we hear are affirming echos? I appreciate when someone points out something I’ve not considered, and I will take time to think through it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    If you put fritos in chili with beans is it still chili? PIE

Does Frito pie have beans? BY ALL MEANS, IF YOU WANT BEANS IN YOUR FRITO PIE PUT BEANS IN YOUR PIE.

Comment

disagreeing, arguing, and debating is what the founders spent long nights for weeks on end doing to draft the founding documents of this country. not everyone has to agree 100% with anothers point of view to move forward.

Comment

Only 1/3 of the human population rationalizes, their minds are usually made up.

The other 2/3 can ONLY be swayed by significant life events.

Comment

Working...
                        X