New to glasses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to glasses

I’m 52 and can’t put off getting glasses anymore. My new pair should be in on Monday. So to all the glasses wearers how does that effect your bow shooting?

Lasik

Comment

I wear glasses. It’s horrible. I wear contacts when I shoot, hunt, or fish.

Comment

same here , its horrible !

Comment

Ok so at 56 I had to get glasses. I have found it it difficult, but it can be done. I shoot right handed so when I anchor I have to make sure before hand that my glasses are pushed all the way up. Then I am looking thru the top right corner of my right lens. I have to find a happy medium between clear pins and a clear target settle in and let the shot fly. I didn't have to change anything on my set up so that was good, and I am still as accurate as I am able to be.

Comment

Doc said I had 20/30 so not to horrible. So I may just shoot without them for awhile. Out practicing right now.

Comment

Monovision contacts here....bow string and glasses was a no go for me! Worst part about getting older!

Comment

Don’t they make a peep sight with a reader lens?

Comment

Been wearing glasses since 2nd grade. It's never been an issue for me. Had eye surgery 7 yrs. ago and don't have to wear them to see any more. Had been wearing safety glasses for several yrs. and thought this was going to be great. Second week after surgery I was walking through the woods and a small limb slapped me in the face and popped me in the eye. Everything blurred and tears big time. Went to the eye doc and turned out to be a small scratch. Thank God for that miracle. I had been used to wearing them all my life so I got a clear (no Rx) and still wear them just like I always had.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Monovision contacts here....bow string and glasses was a no go for me! Worst part about getting older!
                    I have bifocal contacts now.
                    But before I found out there was such a thing I would change my RX to be far sighted when deer season rolled around.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Been wearing glasses for 20 years, never had an issue except they want to fog up when wearing a face net in cool weather.

Comment

If you shoot with them then make sure that the string don't catch them
                        It took a few minutes for me to find mine. I have a single pin hha
                        that has a 4x lens that really helps . If you can't see your pins you can get a pep
                        with 2x,4x and I think 6x I like the lens behind the pins better for me

Comment

Originally posted by jrwest66 View Post
                          Don’t they make a peep sight with a reader lens?
                          Yes, but they are illegal here in Alabama .
                          Last edited by Vap; 02-16-2019, 08:31 PM. Reason: Not complete

Comment

No issue.

Comment

I have a couple different prescriptions. One for bow and pistol. One for driving and shotgunning. I get the largest lens diameter I can get. And ones that get up in the corner of my eye for bow. I like the peripheral vision of large lenses so I don't have to turn my head so much. I tried contacts. But my eyes dry out to fast. Plus I couldn't see up close. If I need to see up close, I just take my glasses off.

Comment

Working...
                              X