2018 Spring Turkey Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Spring Turkey Thread

Who's pumped up and ready? My wife is getting tired of me walking around the house practicing on my diaphragms, but she knew what she was getting into when she married me! Where you hunting this year and when?

Ill be in Gonzales guiding two guys who bought turkey hunts from our Montgomery Co. NWTF Banquet last year on the weekend of 3/24. Then, I'll be out in San Saba sometime in Mid April to give one the jelly head.

Good luck this year boys and girls!

I'm pumped!!!

Comment

I'm pumped, hoping my son in college can come home to join me, been my hunting partner since he was three.
      Great time to be out in the woods, hearing the early morning gobbles is a kick along with all the other sights and sounds.
      Good luck to all!

Comment

I think I am going to go more than the one time I went last year. I really just like calling them in, have no desire to shoot one. we don't have a bunch of turkeys but there were more last year than any pervious year. I actually saw 4 nice gobblers during bow season this year. Didn't see them after October but they are around somewhere.

Comment

I am. I love turkey season and have been extremely blessed to have a few really good places to hunt them.

Comment

If anybody has an opening in the south zone at a reasonable rate, please let me know. I'm open!
            Lesto!!

Comment

not so much. The place we just sold had regular turkey visitors but haven't seen a one on camera at the new place yet.

Comment

Looking forward to it as always! Checked cams this morning and had some gobblers strutting the goods at a couple of places. Plan on taking the little one on several hunts this year because she can hear better than I can. Flying out to hunt some birds in the swamp of south Florida in two weeks cant wait. Plan on making a few hunts here in the north zone as well as the south zone till I run out of tags.

Comment

Lometa this year. Guiding as usual. Got a 72 year old first timer this year.....

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
                    Who's pumped up and ready? My wife is getting tired of me walking around the house practicing on my diaphragms, but she knew what she was getting into when she married me! Where you hunting this year and when?

Ill be in Gonzales guiding two guys who bought turkey hunts from our Montgomery Co. NWTF Banquet last year on the weekend of 3/24. Then, I'll be out in San Saba sometime in Mid April to give one the jelly head.

Good luck this year boys and girls!
                    I'll be just north of you in Waelder for the opener. Then off to Mr.Taco for brunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvey View Post
                      I'll be just north of you in Waelder for the opener. Then off to Mr.Taco for brunch.
                      Yall have a good amount of birds up that way in Waelder? I've always wondered where their range stops, going north and east from Gonzales.

Comment

I am fired up about the coming season!

Comment

I used to hunt them in Waelder,there is a lot of birds in that country.

Comment

I'm ready!! Only hunting local, so I get one bird this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm pumped to get it started. Hopefully I'll get some good decapitation videos again this year. Oh, saw a gobbler and hen at a feeder last weekend, and on my way back from the ranch, I had a group of 25 fly over the county road.

Comment

Working...
                              X