How often do you switch providers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you switch providers.

Electricity, car insurance, cell phone ect.? I'm loyal to a fault sometimes. Do people really save a lot of money by swapping around? I've been with AT&T for 10 years now. Moved there from T-Mobil because my phone never worked at the lease. Thinking of going back to save some money but I don't want to be in the same boat as last time. Been with the same Insurance guy forever but my bill has slowly creeped up.

I shop them all every year or two. Saved $1300 per year with insurance by changing this month (car/home/umbrella policies)

Powertochoose.org for electricity

I have been with AT&T for a while myself (20+ years). I call them every year or so and try to get the bill reduced. They always have discounts and ways you can save. I just start out with I need to lower my bill or I may have to move to another company. They have always worked with me.

It's a pain, but put aside a half day every once in a while and you will be surprised what you can save.

Comment

No choice on electricity out here in the country. Cell Phone I don't mess with because I want a carrier with good service in the woods and up around Rayburn. Car insurance and homeowners I will shop every time they try to go up.

Comment

Electricity-- never changed provider.
        Telephone--Changed from Sprint to ATT. (once)
        Insurance(homeowners/car)---I have changed numerous times. I shop around till I get a price and provider I am happy with and stay with them till the price goes up or I have a problem with a claim. I am currently with Germania.
        Internet provider--Twice
        TV---I have switched from Dish to Direct TV numerous times. I feel like they are both crooks.

I ain`t married to none of them!!

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
          Electricity-- never changed provider.
          Telephone--Changed from Sprint to ATT. (once)
          Insurance(homeowners/car)---I have changed numerous times. I shop around till I get a price and provider I am happy with and stay with them till the price goes up or I have a problem with a claim. I am currently with Germania.
          Internet provider--Twice
          TV---I have switched from Dish to Direct TV numerous times. I feel like they are both crooks.

I ain`t married to none of them!!
          Yea, my problem is the provider I'm married to doesn't provide as much anymore.

Comment

Back in the day when loyalty went both ways, it was worth spending a few $ more to stay with your "guy". Nowadays, they jack up the price whenever they can and give big discounts to new customers instead. So you gotta play the market game. I miss the days of old, sometimes.

Comment

I pretty much stick also. But haves tried several cell providers. Came back to Att for a long while until I was told about Cricket. 4 phones for 100.00. I was very skeptical but I have been with them several months, no problems, same service as Att. Unlimited service also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Electricity-- we live in a CO/OP area and have no choice
                Telephone-- we keep taking it up the wazoo from ATT, but the wife gets a discount through her employer
                Insurance(homeowners/car)--changed from Farmer's (over 20 years) to Farm Bureau recently, saved a LOT of money.
                Internet provider--our options are limited where we live, but just changed to a different service
                TV---I have switched from Dish to Direct TV numerous times. I feel like they are both crooks. (x2)

Comment

I don't have a choice on utilities, and our phones, internet, and cable are bundled. If I split or switch, it costs me money, and we've been with the same company a good while. Insurance? I have only used one company my adult life---USAA---for car, home, blanket liability, and flood (when I needed it)

Comment

I value a trusted and competent insurance agent over price and always have. Same insurance agent for home/car/RV and such since 1988. Dish and AT&T forever. Life insurance and retirement with FIL and SIL.

Comment

TracPhone, mainly cause we don't need bells and whistles, just decent service which they provide. We've never changed.
                      Insurance ... you're going to get reamed with whoever you go with eventually so as long as we get coverage and claim service, we don't move around. Everyone else is higher than ours.
                      Internet. We're in the country so limited to what we got, Verizon DSL is good enough.
                      Electric - it pays to shop around for someone new occasionally, for the best rate. A lot of competition here ... finally! Now if just the insurance companies would do that.

Comment

I’ve been with State Farm for about 30 years and I carry multiple
                        policies with them. Ive shopped them a few times and have not found anyone that can beat them for the exact same coverages.

I used to flip electricity providers a lot. I’m now rural so do t have that option anymore.

Been with AT&T since they were Cingular. We get a significant discount on service and accessories through my wife’s employer. Plus we’ve tried multiple different carriers through my work and have always had inferior coverage in the areas we spend most of our time.

TV/Internet I used to flip regularly. Don’t have that option being rural. Still use a streaming service instead of satellite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          I value a trusted and competent insurance agent over price and always have.
                          I did also until I had a claim and learn that he wasn't will to do anything to help me out. he just gave me the number to the claims dept. and I was on my own.

Comment

I switch/shop pretty regularly for most services.

Switched Auto Policies this year and saved $800
                            Switched Cell Phone Providers and saved $1600+
                            Switched homeowners Insurance and saved $1000+

For electric providers I use Energy Ogre who switches for me once or twice per year for the lowest rate. I save around $50-$75/month vs what I was finding on powertochoose.org

I have no reason to be loyal to any service provider, most of the time the best deals are for new customers. If they cared to keep the business of existing customers they would offer better deals to keep us from switching.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                              I switch/shop pretty regularly for most services.

Switched Auto Policies this year and saved $800
                              Switched Cell Phone Providers and saved $1600+
                              Switched homeowners Insurance and saved $1000+

For electric providers I use Energy Ogre who switches for me once or twice per year for the lowest rate. I save around $50-$75/month vs what I was finding on powertochoose.org

I have no reason to be loyal to any service provider, most of the time the best deals are for new customers. If they cared to keep the business of existing customers they would offer better deals to keep us from switching.

never heard of Energy Ogre, thanks for the tip. Will look into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X