30.06, 30.07 Cheesecake Factory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30.06, 30.07 Cheesecake Factory

So some friends and I went to the Cheesecake Factory in Lubbock over the weekend. As soon as I walked in I noticed a 30.06 sign on one side and a 30.07 sign on the other side of the small entryway. I went ahead and walked back to the car and put up my pistol to abide by the law. When I left I saw the manager at the door and I told him the food, the service and the establishment was great and we had a great experience but that none of us would ever be back because of the 30.06/30.07 signs at the door. I could tell that caught him off guard and he repeatedly apologized and said he had nothing to do with it. I wasn't rude in any way and I told him I knew he didn't have anything to do with it, that it was corporates call and I wasn't upset with him or upset at all for that matter. I figure with a cooperation like the one that owns cheesecake factory I was wasting my breathe but at least I said something and maybe others will also.

Good job on you !

Comment

worst case it's a $200 fine. Just say'in

Comment

They're all like that. I bet their food is good but I'll never be able to write a review on them. I make it a point to let people know I can't shop in their store from time to time when I run into such nonsense.

Comment

Gotta have good food for me to care about the signage you post.
          I did stop by a pie place to pick up a treat for my wife last week and decided to live on the edge by walking straight past a 30.06. Surprise... nothing happened. I got my pies and was out the door in two minutes. The high school student cashier, who was the only person occupying the place, was none the wiser.

Comment

As a matter of principle I usually avoid criminal empowerment zones (a.k.a. posted establishments.)

Comment

I can honestly say I have never gone to a place because they don't have signs or not gone to a place because they have signs.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                I can honestly say I have never gone to a place because they don't have signs or not gone to a place because they have signs.
                I can't read or write Liberal, so I just ignore them.

Comment

I wouldn't go back to Cheesecake Factory because their food is crap lol. Whether or not they post it doesn't really enter the equation. Plus if you are concealed, they will never know anyways.

Comment

In cases like this you sit by a window where you can see your truck at all times
                    Last edited by WalkieTalkie; 03-18-2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

If I'm not wearing my glasses.....which I rarely do, I completely miss those signs.

Comment

I assume that since they would not allow you to conceal carry that they had an armed guard on site to protect you? To me, when they post, they are saying you don't need to carry, we will protect you in the event some maniac pulls out a weapon and starts killing people. IMHO, if they post and fail to protect those on site, it is gross negligence.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                          worst case it's a $200 fine. Just say'in
                          That’s my thinking as well.

Comment

I went there last week. Was concealed. Walked in and saw the 30.07 sign as it was nearest the door I opened. Didnt even see the 30.06 sign on the other wall. I figured it was just a no-open carry restaurant until we left and I saw it. Oh well.

I'm with you though, I wont be going back.

Comment

What signs?

Comment

Working...
                              X