Arrow head guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow head guys!

I found this arrow head today with these two pieces of flint laying nearby. I'm curious about the two pieces of flint. I have found arrow heads all my life on our family land. Just curious about the two pieces of flint. Are they just rocks are did someone years ago use them for something?
    Attached Files

The two larger pieces are nothing special as far as i know. I have thousands like that on my lease.
    That point is nice.

Comment

They are large flakes that possibly later could have been turned into arrowheads! Definitely have been worked by early man!!!!!

Comment

Definately struck from a core either to use for one time blades or to be worked later. Thats the kind of item we look for to identify camps. There are more points there.

Comment

That one brownish point is interesting. I cannot find a reasonable type for this point in my book. The base is what throws me. I suspect it is a reworked point that had the base snapped off at some time. Haven't found one like that in San Saba county and I'm not that far from you. It appears to be very well made for the most part. Got any pics of other points you've found at your place?

Comment

Working...
          X