Climbing sticks - What ya runnin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climbing sticks - What ya runnin?

What kind of climbing sticks do yall use? Any suggestions?

Lone wolf sticks. Safest and easiest I've found to use. High quality stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnylab View Post
      Lone wolf sticks. Safest and easiest I've found to use. High quality stuff.
      Those are the ones im looking into, how high are you hunting from?

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Lone wolf sticks on one set and Rapid Rails (aluminum) on the other. Both are fantastic.

Both get about the same 14-15 ft that it want. I have stretched my lone wolfs out to get me in the 17 ft range , and truly have noticed that they are more adaptable to the tree (narrower bite) vs the rapid Rails.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SETXbowhunter22 View Post
            Those are the ones im looking into, how high are you hunting from?
            I always use at least 4 sticks and space them out accordingly. Probably 20'

For me its not about height as much as it is cover. I'll hunt 15' with cover over 20' with no cover. Depends on the setup. But the lone wolf sticks are great.

Someone above mentioned rapid rails...they are good too. I prefer lone wolf over the two. just personal preference.

Comment

Does anybody remember those cheap, plastic steps that strapped around the trees? I remember seeing them ~10 years ago and thought they'd be great for a lightweight setup but haven't been able to find them recently. The most info I've been able to find is that they were possible recalled for safety reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Deerslayersh View Post
                Does anybody remember those cheap, plastic steps that strapped around the trees? I remember seeing them ~10 years ago and thought they'd be great for a lightweight setup but haven't been able to find them recently. The most info I've been able to find is that they were possible recalled for safety reasons?
                I probably have 25-30 of these steps that are in great shape, probably only used a couple of times. Let me know if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Stykbow View Post
                  I probably have 25-30 of these steps that are in great shape, probably only used a couple of times. Let me know if your interested.
                  PM Sent

Comment

Rapid Rails and a set of Muddy, but prefer my Summit climbers.

Comment

Cheapest

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Lone wolf - set of 4ea.

Comment

I just build my own out of one inch tubing. Think I have 4 sets, all 20ft. Got material to build one more this summer.

Comment

3 sets of LoneWolf, 4 sticks per set

Have the ability to go much higher than I care to get

Comment

Originally posted by Deerslayersh View Post
                              PM Sent
                              PM sent

Comment

Working...
                              X