Clear All

The actual "BILL" all 662 pages of it

Comment

What's lwcf?

Comment

Land and Water Conservation Fund

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
          But.... Texans are American citizens. And.... this deals with federal lands, which are technically owned by American citizens. So, if my understanding is correct, then it does.

This is half statement/half question about what was passed.
          just means we can pay exorbitant fees as non residents to hunt on it, but I'm for preserving the wild lands. Too bad none of it is in Texas where we need it.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
            just means we can pay exorbitant fees as non residents to hunt on it, but I'm for preserving the wild lands. Too bad none of it is in Texas where we need it.
            It's still a steal compared to what you get out of it.

Comment

I don’t think some of y’all fully understand how this money is spent. Texas gets its fair share even though we don’t have a clue what public’s lands are.
              There’s a website dedicated to this. Use your googler.

This is also a permanent re authorization. This is one thing the government has done well with and not squandered as far as taxation goes.

Comment

I only pay the fees of a non resident bc I choose to work in a different state that has jobs, opportunity for growth, low cost of living, etc......and I don't have to pay the non resident states' income and/or property tax. So, I have justified it to myself and I'm comfortable paying the fees.

And the opportunity at the animals you can take, for the prices we pay as non residents is indeed a steal. Especially when compared to the price of a TX deer lease with adequate deer numbers.

Comment

Looks good to me

Comment

Y’all do realize that the Senate passing something doesn’t mean squat. It has to pass the House and go to the President before it becomes law. The House majority is totally against us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                      Y’all do realize that the Senate passing something doesn’t mean squat. It has to pass the House and go to the President before it becomes law. The House majority is totally against us.
                      ???
                      It passed 92 - 8 so it passed in a bipartisan way. Don’t think the House will be the problem, it’s Trump that might be

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
                        ???
                        It passed 92 - 8 so it passed in a bipartisan way. Don’t think the House will be the problem, it’s Trump that might be
                        Trump just needs to sign it and he already stated he would. He was in favor of this way back and a big supporter.

Comment

There is tons of public land in Texas. As a % its small, because Texas is a huge state. But total acres, 22.5 million acres is nothing to scoff at (Both Texas and Federally managed land combined).

It's the states you are paying to hunt those lands. Not the Federal government. Apples and oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                            What's lwcf?
                            The Land and Water Conservation Fund is a fund derived from federal mineral royalties that has funded billions of dollars of public access and conservation projects.

I read somewhere that there has been a project using LWCF funds in every county in the country. I doubt that is actually true, but even if it is only 90% true that is alot of projects.

Here is some information regarding dollars spent in Texas.

Specifically, shooting ranges and boat ramps are common areas that can use LWCF funds.
                            Last edited by El General; 02-14-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by awry View Post
                              ???
                              Historically, it is much easier to get bipartisan support in the Senate than it is for the House.
                              Last edited by El General; 02-14-2019, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post

Also, in the article, I saw new National Monuments being created. I think hunting is allowed in many national monument areas, so if the new ones follow suit, this would create more public hunting opportunities.
                                I don't know anything about the specific National Monuments in this bill, but most often they are already federal land (BLM land in the Rocky Mountain West for instance), so often they only need hunting and fishing to be preserved within the bill that creates the monument.

Comment

Working...
                                X