Open Carry ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cstapp99 View Post
    You are correct. The sign is one option and verbal notice is another. Still can’t understand why anyone would want to open carry. It’s hard to beat the element of surprise.
    I don't understand it either. At the end of the day whatever makes them happy, I prefer the element of surprise aspect as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dhillis View Post
      Me and a friend were having a debate. He was at the local whataburger getting something to eat while open carrying. Whataburger asked him to leave. He did comply but thinks what they did is illegal due to not having a 30.07 sign. I informed him that could ask him to leave and even pulled up the 30.07 law where it says in part B that they can inform you through signage or orally. He still disagreed.

I'm not missing something here am I?
      You should have told him to stand his ground with his knowledge of the law.

Then when the cops showed up, he would have likely been arrested for Trespassing raised to a class A misdemeanor (up to 1 year in jail and/or up to a $4,000 fine) for refusing to leave when told.

But then he would have to surrender his YouTube law degree.

Comment

.... oh yeah, I believe that would end his LTC.

Comment

What if he was gay, and was open carrying at a bakery, and just wanted a wedding cake made? Can the owner still refuse service?

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Because my shotgun won't fit in my pocket.

More curtintex gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              What if he was gay, and was open carrying at a bakery, and just wanted a wedding cake made? Can the owner still refuse service?

Only on the third Sunday after a full moon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I see guys OCing regularly.
                I watch them close . . . Not.

Gary

Comment

Sir....at that point he is a protected demographic kinda like an endangered species.... especially if he is wearing a rainbow colored Smith and Wesson scarf!

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                    You should have told him to stand his ground with his knowledge of the law.

Then when the cops showed up, he would have likely been arrested for Trespassing raised to a class A misdemeanor (up to 1 year in jail and/or up to a $4,000 fine) for refusing to leave when told.

But then he would have to surrender his YouTube law degree.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181223-170654_Facebook.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	24564299

Exactly what I asked him last night.

Comment

I like the open carry law.
                      It allows me to wear OWB with a shirt/T-shirt covering it. If I happen to accidentally flash some one, I have not broken any laws. Or even if a corner of the holster shows or I print. Wasn’t allowed before.
                      I didn’t even like/or would carry until I could use an OWB.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Madson View Post
                        Coming from a standpoint of 100% curiosity, no judgment or criticism here, for those of you who do, why do you open carry?
                        I have never 100% "open carried" with an OWB holster and a shirt tucked in for the whole world to see my piece. I have no problems with anyone who does. Now, what I do often end up doing is wearing an IWB holster with my shirt tucked in. This leaves just the grip exposed. The reason I carry this way a lot of times is because I carry a full size handgun. G17 or my Sig 1911. I don't like to carry these larger weapons in an OWB - it feels like the firearm isn't secure - almost feels "floppy" in those holsters. With the IWB, I cinch down my belt and it feels securely in place. I wear button down down shirts a lot and feel it necessary to tuck those in. I've tried the tuckable holsters, but they are a PITA for me. So, I just tuck the shirt and that leaves the grips exposed. They aren't that noticeable, and if I'm really concerned, I'll throw on a vest and it's a non - issue all together.
                        Last edited by BJ DUPLECHAIN; 12-23-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                          I like the open carry law.

It allows me to wear OWB with a shirt/T-shirt covering it. If I happen to accidentally flash some one, I have not broken any laws. Or even if a corner of the holster shows or I print. Wasn’t allowed before.

I didn’t even like/or would carry until I could use an OWB.

It was not illegal to print or accidentally show before open carry was passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            It was not illegal to print or accidentally show before open carry was passed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I beg to differ on the print issue.
                            If you could make out the outline, it was illegal.
                            Also most of the time you can see the tip of my holster. That was illegal also.
                            Last edited by Capp35; 12-23-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I get REAL tired of these annoying people who try to turn EVERY conversation about open carry into an "open vs. concealed" debate. Give it a freaking rest.

Comment

You may be right. it just makes sense if you are gonna shoot up a room full of people that the guy with a pistol on his hip will be the first one getting a bullet. It's just textbook 101 mass shooting logic.

Not that common sense and logic are involved with mass shootings. If you wanted you take out as many people as you can why tell me why you wouldn't shoot the guy you know has a gun on him. I'll wait.
                                I’ve seen a LOT of people shoot. I’m not that scared.

Comment

Working...
                                X