Rockport News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockport News

Had to evacuate our home at 159 Copano Ridge Road in Rockport. Have seen several videos of the Ridge, but they all stop before they reach our house, or start at some point beyond it. Probably won't be allowed to go back until Tuesday or Wed.

Would greatly appreciate knowing if house is still there, and would super appreciate pictures or videos sent to my email, Tomme@Actkinson.net or texted to my cell at 254-541-1146.

Thanks,

Tomme

Our friends place is before you on the right (copano side) and like you the video that I saw looks hit or miss. It also looks like most of the older homes and trailers were gone or trashed.

Comment

Yeah, just frustration over videos leaving a black hole in the middle of the block. I have several possible folks that may get back to me, but 48 hours since I left Rockport and don't know if my home is still there.

Kind of like a hunting trip. Got here and then suddenly thought of several things I should have brought. Anyway, thanks for any info.

Comment

Hey Tomme. Hate to hear this. Praying for you. When its time and you need help holler.

Comment

Tomme, praying for you brother. Maybe the skip is because there's not enough damage to your place.

Comment

Praying for you and everyone - just devastated for everyone impacted.

Comment

Prayers for you and yours, Tomme.

Comment

Friend of mine went down yesterday. He lives off of dead ends dr, his house unfortunately did not make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have (had) a fish camp off of copano retreat road. We had a cabin with a deck and a 450 foot pier.

It's all gone. There are a few posts from the pier left, but the cabin is nowhere in sight.

Bummer.

Comment

Sorry about your friends house and the fishing camp.

We're in fairly good shape. I'm going to miss my 100 ft pier. I had it built right after I retired in 2006. Lot of happy memories and some good trout, and a few monster reds and drum. Probably can't afford to rebuild it, but lots of good memories. We are lucky. Despite the two by four sticking out of one wall and the hole in my office (man cave with all my deer heads), it looks like the house has survived. Now I don't think the venison in my freezer made it (won't know till Thursday), but I guess this will force me to hunt more this fall.

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers and the offer to go by. I now have pictures and feel a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomme View Post
                      Sorry about your friends house and the fishing camp.

We're in fairly good shape. I'm going to miss my 100 ft pier. I had it built right after I retired in 2006. Lot of happy memories and some good trout, and a few monster reds and drum. Probably can't afford to rebuild it, but lots of good memories. We are lucky. Despite the two by four sticking out of one wall and the hole in my office (man cave with all my deer heads), it looks like the house has survived. Now I don't think the venison in my freezer made it (won't know till Thursday), but I guess this will force me to hunt more this fall.

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers and the offer to go by. I now have pictures and feel a lot better.

Glad to hear that! Hoping for continued good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally going back later this week to check it all out personally. Been itching to go, but they said don't come back till they had a chance at some cleanup. Have borrowed a generator from a hunting buddy and ready to start rebuilding. May not make opening day, but I will bow hunt in Oct.-January.

Comment

I went down last night. My place is very close to the shrimp farm on Port/Copano Bay. The shrimp farm is totaled and my pier and cabin are completely gone.

One of the 40' sea containers from the Shrimp farm is on the other side of my property now. It probably moved 1/4 mile.....

Comment

pic

Here is the sea container
                            Attached Files

Comment

Praying for all of y'all down on the coast, I have a place on Baffin that came out ok.

I also wanted to pass along that I have a buddy with dozers and skid steers that can help with clean up. Just figured I'd let all of y'all know, he will be down on the coast all weekend if you're interested in talking with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X