Samsung Galaxy S8 good or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
    I am on my 3rd Galaxy and this one may be my last. I had an S5, S5 Active, now an S7. I don't know why but the 5 and now my 7 have horrible battery life. Sprint replaced them because they agreed a 1/2 day of not even using it shouldn't drain past 50%. My wife has a new Note and hers is awesome. My S7 is crap. They both also overheated occasionally if I used them a lot. I don't even use a phone case (what Spring tried to blame the heat issue on). I think the quality of the Galaxy line is hit or miss. At least in my experience.
    You need to check what app is using all your battery. I bet it is an app problem more than a phone problem. Also some phone settings that are battery hogs...

Comment

Love mine

Comment

My wife and I both have the S8 active and we love it with 0 issues so far. Battery is great also!

Comment

Had mine since Sept. with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            You need to check what app is using all your battery. I bet it is an app problem more than a phone problem. Also some phone settings that are battery hogs...
            ^^^this^^^

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              My wife and I both have the S8 active and we love it with 0 issues so far. Battery is great also!
              Good to hear, my S6 Active is still going strong, battery was falling off quick, until I cleaned out some unwanted apps.

Comment

Have had no issues with it, operates smooth as can be. Battery is amazing compared to previous S models.

Couple of dislikes.

Do not like the curved screen, its weird to click things on the screen that are on the curve.
                Having no button at all on the screen makes it hard to tell what end is up. 9 times out of 10 I pick the phone up, upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                  Have had no issues with it, operates smooth as can be. Battery is amazing compared to previous S models.

Couple of dislikes.

Do not like the curved screen, its weird to click things on the screen that are on the curve.
                  Having no button at all on the screen makes it hard to tell what end is up. 9 times out of 10 I pick the phone up, upside down.
                  This is why we chose the S8 active. It doesnt have the curved edge. I didnt like that part about the regular S8.

Comment

S8 owner here. No complaints at all. Great phone in my opinion.

Comment

I have the S8 Active. My son has the S8+. I like the Active better. I have no need for the curved screen edge. Had to send his + back to replace the USB port. It was giving him a false error saying there was water in the USB port, so it wouldn't let the phone charge. Took them a month to return it, but it's fixed now. No problems with my Active so far. Great phone.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies... never heard of the "active" line of samsung, but will be checking it out!

Comment

I have the note 8 and really like it...No issues either.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                            Thanks for all the replies... never heard of the "active" line of samsung, but will be checking it out!
                            I think the first Active was the S5. That's the first one I had anyway. Then the 7, now the 8....

Comment

I have the S8 and can only think of one possibly neg. If you have "man hands" as in sometimes they're really dirty, dry, banged up... the fingerprint scanner doesnt always work as a quick unlock tool.

Other than that, its been just fine. Ive been rocking Samsung Galaxies for a decade.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had the 8 and now 8+, so not sure what the problems are. But, man sure wish I had the new Note....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X