EZ tag vs TX tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EZ tag vs TX tag

How is Tx tag? Thinking about switching from EZ tag to tx tag. Any better?
    I've had an ez tag for many years without much problems. I drive 99 almost every day. Back in May EZ tag switched over their system and I received violations from Tx tag that I got resolved. Just got another letter today with violations from July.
    Tired of fixing their mistakes.

I just swapped from ez to TX tag, it seems like TX tag will work for OK and Kansas as well.

Comment

What is the charge for a truck, NO trailer from one end of I-130 to the other, I-10 around Austin.

Comment

All the way runs around $30 but well worth it.

Comment

Thanks!! I've done it with a trailer, and had to get a loan from the bank to pay for the bill!!

Comment

I have had identical problems with EZ Tag on Hwy 99 (right next to my house. Had issues with charges from the May change over AND I also just received a toll violation from TxTag for use on Hwy 99 (with an EZTag). TxTag also tagged on violation fees of $5 /per violation (4 in one day).
            In to hear if TX Tag is any better.

Comment

I'm good with TxTag on all toll roads in Texas. Haven't tried Oklahoma.

Comment

don't know if EZ Tag changed their policy yet or not, but TxTags are free. you just have to load them.

Comment

Originally posted by sectxag06 View Post
                  don't know if EZ Tag changed their policy yet or not, but TxTags are free. you just have to load them.
                  What do you mean changed their policy?

Comment

Is it true you can wrap fishing line around your license plate and the camera can't see the numbers?

Just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by tex8569 View Post
                      What do you mean changed their policy?
                      i mean stopped charging for the actual tags themselves. every time you need a new one or replace one EZ tag used to charge for that. That's the reason i got my TxTag in the first place. They've never charged for the actual tag.

Comment

I've been using TxTag for a number of years with no problems.

Comment

My TxTag worked in Kansas but not in Oklahoma on a recent trip.

Comment

Working...
                          X