2017 Bosque County Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Bosque County Buck

Not to interrupt or take away from the "Fellow TBHer and his possible new state record, or getting jumped at your house by an old buddy or even a stroke of bad luck with an out of state bobcat".....but

October 8th morning and a pleasant north breeze had me in my favorite tree of all time with a ton of anticipation. Well as the morning burned on, anticipation turned into head scratching……until 9:30 a.m. that is. I was ready to start letting stuff down out of the tree when I noticed a 3.5 year old 11 point we know well. The 11 eased up to hand corn then to feeder and started picking around on corn. I video him, and I will just say, if he makes it, he will be a freaking giant in a year or two! (Reminder to self, go talk to the neighbors!) As I hit the off button on the camera I notice movement in the river bottom near the water’s edge. To my pleasant surprise it was a parade of bucks headed out of the river in my direction. I hurried and grabbed my binoculars and started scanning the group, one, two, three, four, five I counted, then bingo…he will do… “He” being a main frame 9 point that had been on camera since 2015. Once my inner 14 year old voice said he’s the one, quit being so picky, there are plenty to go around this year…… the buck eased up to the right of my tree and started grazing on clover and oats. I had already picked my bow off the hanger and latched my release so when he stopped at 15 or so yards and turned broadside with his front leg to me forward, I drew settled pin and tripped the release to see my arrow zip through his pocket and lay on the ground opposite of the shot. The buck barely made it out of the plot and crashed in sight.

I crawled down and walked back to the cabin and got old Buzz for a quick tracking job. The buck was exactly what I thought he would be, and are very pleased with him. As best as we can tell he is our 4th best buck from cameras this year, but I am good finishing 3rd to my kids……………..ha

Buck ended up scoring 126 3/8” with approximately 3” broke off best we can tell by early trail cam photos. Spread was 14 2/8” and all G-2’s and G-3s were over 8 4/8” with his longest tine being 10 1/8”. This is the 3rd animal I have killed since opening day with my new Halon 32 and think I might end up liking it. My old Monster sure doesn’t like being left at home. My wife says once I leave, all it does is howl, wine and scratch at the door……….ha ha My Monster and I have traveled a million miles together and killed some great animals so it was hard on me to buy a new one. But man this Halon 32 draws and shoots extremely well.

Hope all enjoy and photos attached below of him alive and LDP’s. Stay tuned for more of Breck’s and Ashton’s 2017 season adventures.

God bless and best of luck to all you.
    Rwc
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rwc; 10-12-2017, 08:00 AM. Reason: Fat fingers and do not proof read well.

Congrats, nice pics!

Comment

Congrats. Love the write up.

-john

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice buck, congrats!

Comment

Congratulations! !

Comment

Nice buck! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats ...... Nice deer.

Comment

Congrats on a good one !!

Comment

Congrats! Nice buck!

Comment

very nice and great job on the pics.

Comment

Great buck. Congrats. Good looking dog too.

Comment

Good stuff...Congrats, Richard. Enjoyed the write up.

Comment

Good deer, congrats

Comment

Love that County.
                              Story, pics, all of its well done.
                              Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X