WESTON's first deer stand build LIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WESTON's first deer stand build LIVE!

I remember helping build the box blind I shot my first deer out of with my dad. I was about 6 and Weston is only 3.5 so hopefully he will remember. It's going to be a 4x8x6 box blind. I haven't built a blind since I was a kiddo. So any recommendations on window height would be appreciated.

We have breakfast!
    Attached Files

Comment

Mmmmm
      Attached Files

Comment

We bought the 4x4's and they gave us a pile of the free pieces they use to band the wood bundles. A lot of them are treated! I figure they will work great for window and door trim. Time to mow the yard and get started.
        Attached Files

Comment

Good Times!!!

Comment

In for the build and making memories. Good stuff dad!

Comment

Supercool! In for the good times

Comment

In for the fun! This will easily become your favorite stand to hunt from, just because of the memories that will be in it before the first hunt begins!

Comment

Cool! More memories be-n made.

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Doing work!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Eating a lunchable bout to take a nap break for Weston and go get some blue cans and ice break for daddy lol then get back after it.

Comment

Goood stuff right there!!

There is no set height for the bottom of the window height. It depends on you, the chair you are sitting in and whoever else you plan on hunting there. You've got to measure yourself in the chair you are planning on using. Takes 2-3 minutes tops. Nothing worse than having a window too high or low for shooting or viewing.....with a gun or bow. I've hunted out of my other lease members blinds and their windows are too low to see out of for me, but we are dang near the same height. I had to literally get on my knees to shoot a doe out of his blind with a rifle. My upper body is longer and his is shorter plus I have 4" of extra ***... Its different for everybody KD..

Comment

Working...
                              X