Keeping rats out of vehicles at lease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping rats out of vehicles at lease?

I have been having a major rat problem at the lease. I have a 2001 f150 at my lease and have been having problem with rats building neat in my intake manifold and cheating every hose in sight. They have completely consumed the major vacuum lines and starting to chew on radiator hoses as well. I am gonna have to haul it home to get it worked on as it won't idle now.

Any body have any full proof ideas on keeping them out?

I have thought about putting moth balls in an old sock and stuffing it under the hood.

Cats.

Comment

My dad had a perfectly good Dodge Ram that got trashed by rats. Same thing. The chewed all the hoses and spark plug wires.

Comment

Open the hood and put a light in there. Leave the hood open (assuming you can keep the truck in a barn or at least covered ). Second is go to Lowes and get the green blocks of Blackcat poison and throw it under the truck on a regular basis.

Comment

Dont kill the bob cats, fox, snakes.

Comment

I used mothballs before and it worked. Sat a bowl full under the hood every time I left. It solved my mice problem but, do not know about rats

Comment

Do they eat the mothballs and die or do they just stay away from them? Has anyone ever heard of the things you plug in and puts off a noise that keeps them away?

Comment

Old timer once told me to keep the hood up and they won't try to nest under there.
                You might try and find some stuff called 'squeak out'. It is a spray that all of my customers used to keep rats from chewing in their tractors in the barn. They all swore by the stuff.
                Just did an internet search and can't find the stuff any where.

Comment

We had the same issue for years. I put out pounds and pounds of No Bar to kill them and that helped but the only thing that really worked was opening up the hood to allow light in and that still did not keep them out all the time. Cats seem to be the only true cure.
                  We ended up cutting all the hoses and plugging them up.

Comment

Oil of peppermint... On cotton balls.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
                      Has anyone ever heard of the things you plug in and puts off a noise that keeps them away?
                      The only bad thing about these as they are annoying as hell for others lease members when you aren't there and they are and they want to enjoy the peaceful quiet outdoors by the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                        This. Even tampons work better, you can hang those from the string.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                          Problem with this is that it doesn't last long. From my experience.

Comment

mothballs!

Comment

Pop the hood....you don't need to have it all the way open only to the safety latch...

Comment

Working...
                              X