88 samauri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 samauri

Picking up a Suzuki after work tomorrow. Starts right up as soon as you turn the key. Hasn't been started in about a year the guy who I am buying it from said. Idles ok. Not great but sputters when you hit the has and eventually dies when the engine warms up. Not get hot. Just warms up. The guy said his buddy said its a modulator on the distributor cap? My buddy seems to think its the carb. I'm not sure. Doesn't sound like too major of a fix but any Sammy gurus out there with any input? Thanks.

Pics?? Anything can be fixed if initial investment is cheap

Comment

Trash in carb.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
          Trash in carb.

Think that would make it die when it gets to a certain temp? I'm getting it for 1500 Pretty good deal I think

Comment

It could be several things. Did you check the oil? See if it has any water in it.

Comment

Love the 4x4 decal, that factory?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                It could be several things. Did you check the oil? See if it has any water in it.
                No. Saw it in the dark. It ran forever. Never died. He shut it off. This was last Monday. Told him I would get it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
                  Love the 4x4 decal, that factory?
                  Lol. I know. Fancy huh.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
                    Picking up a Suzuki after work tomorrow. Starts right up as soon as you turn the key. Hasn't been started in about a year the guy who I am buying it from said. Idles ok. Not great but sputters when you hit the has and eventually dies when the engine warms up. Not get hot. Just warms up. The guy said his buddy said its a modulator on the distributor cap? My buddy seems to think its the carb. I'm not sure. Doesn't sound like too major of a fix but any Sammy gurus out there with any input? Thanks.
                    Does it sound like a vacuum leak when running ? Check the vacuum hose coming from the bottom of breather to the carb, replace the fuel filter, it also has a mechanical fuel pump that could not working properly. Start with simple stuff first.BTW I have an 88 Sami also, they are lot of fun and easy to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE.A View Post
                      Think that would make it die when it gets to a certain temp? I'm getting it for 1500 Pretty good deal I think
                      The body looks clean , I think you got a good deal .

Comment

Unless there is some kind if major problem it looks like a good deal. Good luck!

Comment

Not sure bout the vacuum leak. I am gonna get it home after work tom and play with it a bit. Should be a fun lil project. I read that ddoge neon seats install pretty good after a few rivets are drilled out. Anyone heard of this?

Comment

I had an 85. There was an electric actuator, that was temp controlled, on the carb. Holds the throttle open slightly like a "high idle" . As it warms up actuator let's off. Could be that the carb isn't tuned right. When it let's off, not enough fuel.

Comment

I'm betting that the carb jets are plugged or just needs to be rebuilt. Like said above the choke is prob temp controlled and as it warms up choke let's off. Them there is not enough fuel being delivered at idle to keep it running.

Comment

Working...
                              X