budget bowfishing rig for junior.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

budget bowfishing rig for junior.

its heck being poor but someone has to do it. my boys want to bowfish this year so i built them a little rig they can use and beat up as well. The bottle reel works like a champ and has taken fish already. the bow is 1/2" pvc with a fiber glass rod inside of it. youtube is full of cool ideas for folks on a buget. the rest is a PEX water pipe strap used to hold pipe in place. i had to re do it because of how far it held the arrow to the left of center. the last pic of the rest works great. cool part is that it can rotate 180 degrees. my middle son is a lefty and the bow fits all 3 of my boys that way. got a coupla action pics in there as well. all in all it suprised me by being a sweet little rig, even for me to shoot.
    Attached Files

Yeah buddy!

Comment

Get r DONE!!!

Comment

He will tons of fun with that rig...

Comment

got the boat loaded. gona sneak off to the lake today and see if my boy can hit anything with his new rig.

hope i have pics to post tomorrow!

Comment

Sweet!!! Ya'll will have some fun times!

Comment

lol.. great rig, better then the one i bought ! ....

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
                its heck being poor but someone has to do it.
                That kid don't look poor, he has really good form and appears to be having a great time.

YOU ROCK DAD!!! Keep up the good work!

Comment

It's the thought not the cost. Those boys will remember those forever. Nice Job Post the pics of thier kill

Comment

Pure greatness!!! This is one of the coolest post in a while.Post picks of the carnage..

Comment

Looks great fog. We need to get out to gibbons soon. Finally got my boat issues sorted out.

Comment

Thats awesome... Looks like fun...

Comment

Success!!!!!
                          He hit 6 gar but only got 2 in the boat. he had trouble getting good penetration with his short draw lenght. i was hopeing to find him a carp because they are a softer fish but it just didnt work out. i was very proud of him. he handled himself well and we made it back to the boat ramp at 2:15am.
                          Attached Files

Comment

awesome

Comment

Very cool congrats young man

Comment

Working...
                              X