3 Spots Available - Chandeleur Islands Fishing Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Spots Available - Chandeleur Islands Fishing Trip

I have 2-3 spots available on Chandeleur Islands Trip some buddies and myself are going on Sept 10-12. I need at least two more guys but can accommodate three. This is a men only trip, sorry ladies. All guys on this trip that are booked are ages 27-40 years old who enjoy the outdoors.

We will be meeting in Beaumont, TX Wednesday Sept 9th evening/night to stay at a hotel which will reduce our drive to Biloxi, MS by 4 hours for most of us. We will get a hotel somewhere in the Beaumont/Orange area. Guys that live in Houston are just leaving from there.

Thursday Sept 10th we will leave early from Beaumont and finish our drive to Biloxi. We can begin boarding the mothership around 11am and we depart around 12pm.

We will fish a half day afternoon Thursday.

Friday and Saturday we will fish full days.

We will return to dock Saturday night around 11pm. This boat docks at the Golden Nugget - Biloxi. Anyone who wishes to gamble can and we will be able to stay on the boat that Saturday night.

Sunday we will depart early for the trek back to Texas.

Trip Details:

Destination: Biloxi, MS/Chandeleur Islands

Outfitter: Troy Fountain with Chandeleur Charters http://www.chandeleurcharters.com

Date: September 9th - September 12th

Price: $575.00 per person plus tip and round trip truck fuel and Beaumont hotel cost split.

Must provide own fishing gear, tackle, and booze.

THIS IS A SEMI-GUIDED/SELF GUIDED TRIP. You and one other person will be allowed to fish in a 14ft skiff with the help of a GPS all along the Chandeleur islands. The mothership captain will give suggestions.

Capt Troy Fountain will take us out on the mothership to the Chandeleur islands where he will anchor the Double Trouble is a 65 ft. trawler with twin diesel engines and a single diesel generator. The Double Trouble offers you all the amenities and comforts of home.

-3 Semi-private Staterooms (Accommodates 12)

- Bathroom and Shower Facilities

- Lounge with TV and VCR

- Spacious Seated Dining

- Modern all electric galley

- Central Air and Heat

- All linens and towels

- State of the art navigation and sonar

- Coast Guard Inspected and Approved
    6 – 2003 Sea-n-Sport 14′ V-hull fiberglass skiffs (2 guys per skiff)

Other Details From Website:

You’ll largely be targeting speckled trout and redfish. You’ll also come across the occasional flounder, ladyfish, bluefish, jack crevalle, tarpon, and various species of sharks.

“What tackle should I bring?”, is probably the most common question. The trout and reds at the Chandeleur Islands aren’t picky about baits. If you’ve got a favorite bait or technique that you use at home, it will work out here, too. But if you’re looking for some suggestions on what to put in your tackle bag, here’s a good start.

2 rods and reels (casting or spinning, or fly if you’re inclined) spooled with 14- to 17-pound test monofilament or 20- to 30-pound braided line

Tackle Box Suggestions:
    Soft-plastics (paddeltails and straight-tails)
    Jigheads, 1/8- and 1/4-ounce
    Bucktails
    Cocahoes or Sparkle Beetles
    DOA Shrimp
    Johnson Sprites
    Mirr-O-lures (sinking or floating)
    Corks (popping or mauler corks)
    Shad Rigs
    Top Dogs
    30-pound monofilament leaders

Wade Fishing Gear:
    Long Pants
    Wading Belt
    Wading boots or tennis shoes and socks
    Long stringer
    Needlenose pliers
    Lightweight, long-sleeve shirts and pants

Clothing and Miscellaenous Gear:
    Shorts and extra clothing
    Sandals or deck shoes
    Hat
    Sunglasses
    Sunscreen
    Camera
    Ice Chest (for bringing your fish home, there are ice chests on the boat for your drinks)
    Insect repellant
    Louisiana fishing license (these can be purchased online, or at the dock before you head out)
    Prescription medications
    Headache, Motion Sickness, etc. medications
    Personal toiletries
    Alcoholic beverages if desired (cans are preferred over glass) alcohol is not provided at all must bring your own.

Everyone on this trip does drink. I personally do not drink heavily but that's not to say some of my buddies won't tie one on but within reason. These are all good ol' boys and I have been friends with for years.

If there is anyone who would like to join us they can mail me an $80 deposit per person to hold there spot. We need at least two guys but can accommodate up to three.

Total cost of trip I would estimate to be around $800 after trip cost, fuel, fishing license, tip, and hotel room in Beaumont, MINUS gambling if you choose too.

Please TEXT or CALL me - do not PM me. Or post questions here.

Thanks!

Brunner
    361-772-4809

First Come/First Serve.

Oh man if I wasn't already booked on a tuna trip to Venice on the 5th I would be all over this! I went one time years ago and had a blast and have always wanted to go back! Somebody needs to jump on this!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
      Oh man if I wasn't already booked on a tuna trip to Venice on the 5th I would be all over this! I went one time years ago and had a blast and have always wanted to go back! Somebody needs to jump on this!!!

C'mon that'll be fun two months if you go on both lol

Comment

I can't go, but this looks like a VERY fun trip!!

Comment

Checking my work schedule.

Comment

TTT

Keep me post Kirk

Comment

Aaargghhh!! Working a project during that time or I'd be down with the sickness fo sho!! Sounds like an awesome time.

Comment

Dang, I already have another fishing trip those days or I'd be all over this

Comment

C'mon gents had one guy check his schedule but still have two spots for sure possibly three

Comment

I'm in, and am happy to leave from DFW, if anyone up here goes can ride. PM me if acceptable

Comment

Best three days of fishing ever!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                        I'm in, and am happy to leave from DFW, if anyone up here goes can ride. PM me if acceptable

Got your voicemail will call you back in a bit. I have you down.

One spot left if anyone from DFW wants to carpool hit up BigDraw

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post

That'll fuel your fire! Thanks buddy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                            JP I bet everyone else had to catch your fish. I heard your not that thrifty with a rod and reel.

Comment

Alrighty I spoke to Burt aka Big Draw and I have him locked in for one of the spots. Another buddy of mine may be filling spot number two. Still have one spot available.

Comment

Working...
                              X